Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores/Shopping Centre in Tipperary Town.

Options
  • 04-07-2007 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any idea as to when this monstrosity is going to be finished? At first it was supposed to be opening in May, then June, now someone said it'll be September. Any ideas?

Also, how many units will it contain, and what's going to go into them?

There's not an overwhelming amount of parking at the moment. Looks like Tesco are going to have some unwelcome visitors in the future!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Is it open yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

It's open...........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Dunnes opened on September 21st, but the other units are still under construction, and Dunnes is very expensive by comparison to the L&N (sorry, Tipperary Co-op Super Valu) or Tesco. Don't know much about Caulfields, we never shop there as a rule. Can't wait for Aldi, I hate Lidl and Aldi's quality seems much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Amazes me a town the size of tipperary has all those shops, though clearly the new Dunnes was a retaliation to the newish Tesco right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

From what I can see Dunnes and Tesco are currently playing tit-for-tat with regard to special offers and clubcard offers. There's something going on behind Tesco and Dunnes that nobody seems to know anything about. The L&N seems to be dying a death and they're irritatingly understaffed when you're in a hurry. As for Caulfields, it's been (imho) going downhill for a long, long time.

Tesco and Dunnes were reportedly looking for planning permission at the same time. Tesco just got approved sooner and opened 15-16 month before Dunnes.

A little bit of industry in Tipperary might be nice, instead of all the retail. The place is pretty dead and once the bypass is built (many moons from now, I expect) there'll be nothing there anymore, not even traffic jams. Although we could possibly live without those.

There's supposed to be some retail going in over in the new estate(s) on the Dundrum Rd. out of town, but how accurate that is I don't know, nor do I know the magnitude of the enterprise. It could just be a corner shop.

No word on when the units in the shopping centre are opening?

• Advertisement
Advertisement