Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registry of Deeds not done

Options
  • 04-07-2007 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭

After nearly 2 years, only found out cause selling, is this the solicitors fault???

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Sometimes the solicitor does send in all the details, but the land registry is just very very slow.

At other times, the solicitor hasn't sent in all the information required.

It's hard to know, but you should certainly chase the solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

yes it is the solicitor's fault. happened me. my new solicitor who is looking after the sale of my property had to go and do it himself.

i wrote to the law society and they said i do have a case against my previous solictor and to complain. might get a refund and i had paid her to do the work.

would advise you to do the same.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

jubi lee wrote:

yes it is the solicitor's fault.

Not in all cases. I've worked on jobs with lands bought over 7 years ago and the deeds still havent been transfered. Solicitor has sent in the documents. The land registery can be very slow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Yep, registry is v slow, up to five years I've heard of. Didn't realise it could be up to seven

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

How can i find out...i am using the same solicitor as last time so i am sure if i ask them they are not going to blame themselves?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

just ask your solicitor. is your house on the Land registry or the Regisry of Deeds; if it's the latter, then it shouldn't be that slow, cos all they do is add the memorial of your transaction to the 'bundle' that relates to your property.

the Land Registyry can be slow as christmas, particularly if there's a subdivisoin of property going on...

Advertisement