Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saggart to Mulhuddart

Options
  • 04-07-2007 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I might be in with the chance of a new job but it could involve a commute from Saggart/Rathcoole to Mulhuddart. Does anybody know a good alternative route other than the N7/M50/N3?

I know the Newcastle, Maynooth, Lucan and Celbridge areas OKish but have never tried to drive that way in the rush hour.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How about living nearer work? :)

You have the choice of M50, Lucan or Leixlip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Victor wrote:
    How about living nearer work? :)

You have the choice of M50, Lucan or Leixlip.

I'd put wheels on my gaff but I don't want to the subject of AH threads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Use AA's route planner or google maps to get directions... but I'd avoid Lucan like the plague if I were you, it can get pretty hectic there in rush hour. Not too sure about the Leixlip way though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

If your on two wheels or in 4, I'd be taking the Newcastle, Hazelhatch, Leixlip, Clonee, Damastown, Mulhuddart route. Will take you about 25mins off peak - probably double that during morning rush.

In the evenings, your backlogs will be getting out of Damastown and into Clonee. Pretty much plain sailing then to Leixlip village and into Hazelhatch/Newcastle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The newcastle-lexlip-damastown route sounds like the one alright.

Thanks all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement