Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something brewing in the Atlantic?

Options
  • 03-07-2007 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATWOAT+shtml/031507.shtml
    A LOW PRESSURE AREA ASSOCIATED WITH A TROPICAL WAVE OVER THE CENTRAL ATLANTIC OCEAN ABOUT 1500 MILES EAST OF THE SOUTHERN WINDWARD ISLANDS HAS BECOME A LITTLE BETTER ORGANIZED THIS MORNING. ALTHOUGH ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS ARE ONLY MARGINALLY FAVORABLE... SOME FURTHER DEVELOPMENT OF THIS SYSTEM IS POSSIBLE... AND A TROPICAL DEPRESSION COULD FORM OVER THE NEXT DAY OR SO AS THE LOW MOVES WESTWARD AT 10 TO 15 MPH.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its going west so I don't care!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

mike65 wrote:
    Its going west so I don't care!

Mike.

What, I tought that was tracking easterly. Gerald Flemming sounding so confident about it too. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

The tropical depression in the atlantic Hal1 moving towards the windward islands not our one due to hit here on thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Depressing stuff. No summer this year by the looks of things. Depression after depression. At this stage we need a miracle worker. Please Jebus! Sort out the weather!

@Snowbie - I'm hoping for that change of mood your sig states.

@Snowbie - I'm hoping for that change of mood your sig states.
    lol,its true aint it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Speak for yourself, this summer is fantastic so far!

We've had thunder, lightening, torrential downpours, ball lightening - whats not to like about it??!!

I'm hugely enjoying this summer, long may it continue like this!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Longfield wrote:
    We've had thunder, lightening, torrential downpours, ball lightening - whats not to like about it??!!

Nah still the boring crap here,everything boomeranging round me.2 flash of lightning 2 rumbles 1 downpour and no balls of fire:D but August be better for the proper stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oops misread it, the low moving west not the weather. Ah feck it you rech a point where it no longer matters.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Longfield wrote:
    Speak for yourself, this summer is fantastic so far!

jWhat thunder, all we have had here is rain rain rain. I'm beginning to wonder if Angelas Ashes really was a crock of **** the amount of rain we have had over the last four weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Huh?
    THIS SYSTEM STILL HAS THE POTENTIAL FOR TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION DURING THE NEXT DAY OR SO BEFORE UPPER-LEVEL WINDS BECOME LESS FAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT. ELSEWHERE
    And then they finish with their usual
    TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS

• Advertisement
Advertisement