Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stations not on met.ie

Options
  • 03-07-2007 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Does anyone know why Phoenix Park and Glasnevin are not listed as
    reporting stations on the met.ie site.

Maybe the answer is that they don't report;)

However, the latest montly weather report makes a couple of references to Phoenix Park gathered data.

http://www.met.ie/climate/monthly-summary.asp

Just wondering....(slow day)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

They wouldnt be used as synoptic stations.They are not well situated to give accurate readings for the professional site.They are used just for local data.
    For instance,the park is too close to an urban heat island(Dublin city) for temps to be accurate while the rainfall would be accurate being on an openish site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

Thanks for the reasoned response Snowbie. Guess I will just have to look to Casement for my up to date data.....but, even though it is only a few miles away as the crow flies from me (Knocklyon/Templeogue) it always amazes me how different the weather is between there and here**

**no actual data to back this up... just observations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Snowbie is right - they are not really important in the grand scheme of things but rather just provide opportunities to record local extremes.

Advertisement