Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go in Ennis??

Options
  • 03-07-2007 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Just wondering where to go in Ennis for a good night out? There's abot 50 of us heading down for a stag this Fri & Sat!:D We'll me bringing a few musicians with us so maybe a trad pub would be good, the average age is about 25. Any sugestions???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's an old thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055045323
    I haven't been there in ages but usually have fun. The locals will also give you some suggestions once you're there.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭GospelGroupie

Just wondering where to go in Ennis for a good night out? There's abot 50 of us heading down for a stag this Fri & Sat!:D We'll me bringing a few musicians with us so maybe a trad pub would be good, the average age is about 25. Any sugestions???

Brogans on O'Connell St., Cruises on Abbey St., Paddy Quinns in the Market are all good trad pubs and appear to be quite welcoming (to good trad musicians)

There are plenty others, such as Poets' Corner beside the Town Hall restaurant on O'Connell St., Fawls across the street from it and Brandons at the bottom of O'Connell St. beyond the Cathedral (although I don't think that's a great pub, personally. It certainly wouldn't attract tourists (or sane people in general).

50 on a stag? Geez, lock up yer daughters! Knox's is a grand late-bar and the Queens is the one and only night-club (although Saturday nights can be crap, full of late-teens, etc.).

Enjoy the weekend though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

You could sit in on a session in Ciarans Bar, beside the queens hotel, there is music there every weekend.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

finbarrk wrote:
    You could sit in on a session in Ciarans Bar, beside the queens hotel, there is music there every weekend.

Would also recomend the same. Not sure if all 50 would fit in if it is busy though, may have to turf some of the locals out ;) or get there early.

Advertisement