Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structural Equation Modelling

Options
  • 03-07-2007 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm doing a PhD in Marketing and I'm using SEM to analyse my data. Business academics who use this technique are a rarity in Ireland and I was wondering if any of you have used it in the past?

If so, would it be possible to ask you a few questions regarding checking for outliers, multivariate normailty etc.? I'm hoping to use multigroup so if anyone knows anything about that too I'd really appreciate it!

I'm using LISREL by the way.

DH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Apologies for jumping on the bandwagon dh2007, but desperate times ... etc.

When my data is (finally!) all collected, I hope to use SEM in the analysis too. If anyone out there is in a position to assist the previous poster, could you please PM me too? My supervisor retired and left the country over a year ago, so I'm going to be confined to GLM-based analyses unless I can find someone who can point me in the right direction.

Also, any opinions/comparisons of LISREL and other programs available for SEM? None are available to me via the university, so it looks like I will have to purchase one of them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

Hi LilMiss,

There's a two day course you can do in the University of Ulster Summer School. I did a similar course that Mark Shevlin did last year and found it really helpful. He makes SEM so accessible! He teaches using LISREL. I know my supervisor did a course in Exeter using AMOS. It's supposed to be very user friendly but then most people seem to use LISREL as it's the longest established and was developed by Joreskog himself.

Go to http://estore.e-academy.com/index.cfm?loc=lisrel/main to get a rental version of LISREL or you can download the student version on ssicentral.com

Hope this helps,
    DH

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

OMG!! Thanks a million, really. I'd never have known about it at all. I'll give them a ring in the morning and see if I can still get a place for this year. I'm just sorry I can't return the favour. Best of luck with your own research!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

you're more than welcome! I may even end up going to it again myself this year and I might see ya there

Advertisement