Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new zealand bottled again?

Options
  • 03-07-2007 4:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

well in the 3N game on the 30th june, new zealand played australia! the resulting score was an australian win 20-15
    Scores:

Australia 20 (Adam Ashley-Cooper, Scott Staniforth tries, Stirling Mortlock 2 penalties, Matt Giteau 2 conversions), New Zealand 15 (Tony Woodcock, Rico Gear tries, Daniel Carter conversion, penalty). HT: 6-15.

the all blacks were defeated! what are peoples opinions on the game?

so basically they took this serious on both sides, treatedit like the world cup, n NZ still lost...have they bottled it again coming into a world cup?

http://msn.foxsports.com/rugby/story/6977506

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

They've only bottled it when they get knocked out of the World Cup. TBH, they were due a loss - 15 very good players against 15 very very good players - sure they were favourites but anything can happen in sport - that's why we watch.
    Personally I think they look rusty from their abstention from any actual competition (The French were caught out after a long season 1000's of miles from home - and were poor - Imo) over the last few months. ie the Super 14. But I still think they'll canter through the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

I watched this game and I'm really not sure whether anything significant can be read into the result.

Australia were poor in the first half. They seemed nervous and clueless. Missed tackles, handling errors, charged down kicks and a complete lack of inventiveness whenever they made it into New Zealand's half.

The All Black's on the other hand seemed comfortable and good value for their half time lead. If anything they were too comfortable. They sat back and allowed Australia back into it in the second half.

The turning point was when Carl Hayman was binned. Fair play to Australia they took advantage of the extra man and scored their two tries.

I definitely don't think the All Black's bottled it. There was a sense of urgency missing though. I reckon it will teach them not to underestimate their opponants.

Advertisement