Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mice in House

Options
  • 02-07-2007 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

A few friends of mine are renting a house and there is mice in the house and they have caught a few in traps.

They contacted the landlord and she said she doesnt have to do anything as there not rats.

I told them to tell her there is rats also so they get someting done.

But is she right that she doesnt have to do anything ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

"The vermin living in the house aren't a specific type of vermin, so i'm going to hope you're silly enough to not chase it up".

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If the mice are pre-existing, then it is very much the landlords problem. Even if they are new, they will do damage to the property that the landlord won't like. If there is no movement, have a word with the housing department of the local council.

Ah, the joys of living on the upper floors. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Actually the landlord doesn't have to do anything about catching the mice but you could ask him/her to review the house to see where they are getting in and fix it accordingly.

Advertisement