Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Rental Market.

Options
  • 02-07-2007 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

Due to work, I have to relocate to Galway City or suburbs. I was hoping to get a one-bedroomed apartment but these look ridiculously thin on the ground in Galway. I viewed a couple of places, but frankly, I'm not prepared to pay €800 for a pokey little bedsit.

So, I'm now looking at two bedroomed apartments with the possibility of sub-letting one of the rooms. However, I'm not sure this would be the best course of action, as I would be left to carry the can if the tenant leaves. It doesn't exactly look like a cheap option either, apartment prices seem to come close to matching what you'd pay in Dublin.

Other than daft, does anyone know of any letting agencies/newspapers/websites that might be of help? I'm looking to stick to the city or suburbs at most. Advice, thoughts? Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try the local Galway papers. I suspect a disproportionate amount of the Galway market is for students.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Galway Advertiser, a freebie out on thursday.
    Extensive lists of what's available in all areas,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

galwayrush wrote:
    Just leafing through the online version here. Thanks for the suggestion galwayrush, looks like a hot ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Some offers are also in the Galway Independent (out on Wednesdays, I believe).

or try the rental agencies directly, for example, Winters (http://www.winterspm.com/) or check here http://www.galway.net/galwayguide/service/realestate/propertyman/

It is worth dropping by some of those agencies to see their rental lists...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

galwayrush wrote:

The paper is out on Thursday but you can get the accomadation list on Wednesday.
    Seriously, try to sort this month as Galway has a huge student population and it'd be better if you get a place before they start booking accomadation for the next college year

• Advertisement
Advertisement