Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Post

Options
  • 02-07-2007 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭

Ah another first post in a new sub forum. Im going to leave the Leitrim sub to nanook

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Cool! Good move.

Forum must be getting big!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It was in the pipeline for a while. Quite a bit of debate about it on the mods forum some time ago but the admins have now made the move to sub divide all the regional forums into county forums.

Hopefully it works

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good idea... i must visit the oul Moderator forum more often as i had no idea this was in the pipeline! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

w00t, i hope this works, it'l take a bit of time before it'll actually get into its stride

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Very good idea. I can see myself spending even more time on the regional forum now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

We sligonians are slowly taking over...something.

Question. are the topics that were posted in the main section going to remain there?

For example the News and Views thread seemed pretty popular. Will it be moved it here?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If it is sligo only material I would think so.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd say things that are relevant to only one county will be moved to the appropriate sub-forum. Things that are relevant to the northwest as a whole
    will stay where they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Ahh its like being back at home...

• Advertisement

JoeyJJ wrote:
    Ahh its like being back at home...

I know the feeling Joey. I am currently in Dublin. Back in Sligo in September though for another year of drunken student debauchery. Well that is if I passed my exams. The b@stards still haven't given me my results. :(

I'd say things that are relevant to only one county will be moved to the appropriate sub-forum. Things that are relevant to the northwest as a whole
    will stay where they are.
    Couldnt have put it better myself :)

I will need to talk to nanook first to see what to do with the existing posts. They will most likely be left where they are but we will see.

All in all its going to be a watch and see situation in relation to splitting the North West region into individual county sub forums (or fora for the more educated do da's on here :D ). Im not convinced that it will work but time will tell.

I know the feeling Joey. I am currently in Dublin. Back in Sligo in September though for another year of drunken student debauchery. Well that is if I passed my exams. The b@stards still haven't given me my results. :(

I too hopefully will be moving West in the coming year have to stay in dublin for a while to pay for my wedding first. Oh a job would be nice, or win the lotto tonight think its up to 4.5 mil, that would be nice and would nearly pay for the wedding.

JoeyJJ wrote:
    I too hopefully will be moving West in the coming year have to stay in dublin for a while to pay for my wedding first. Oh a job would be nice, or win the lotto tonight think its up to 4.5 mil, that would be nice and would nearly pay for the wedding.

Sorry my friend. I'm afraid I have to win it tonite!;)

You get married yet?:confused:

OK Gillie we'll share it, and we'll have to have a celebration party in the cottage in LK to celebrate like back in the day.

Not yet September...

Mmmmmm. Cottage!
    As Danny Glover once said:
    "I'm gettin too old for this shít!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Blimey I go away for a week and everythings changed!!:D

magnumlady wrote:
    Blimey I go away for a week and everythings changed!!:D
    Ah sure you know what they say - a change is as good as a rest ;)

Advertisement