Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rte Online Televison Not Working?

Options
  • 02-07-2007 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,have noticed for the past few days that RTE live broadcasts on the internet don't appear to be working. i.e. The one o clock news which I watch each lunchtime while munching my sambos! A few of us have checked the settings and dowloaded new real players but still no joy? Can someone verify this please. Surely our national broadcaster knows that something is amiss?? :D

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I was watching the hurling yesterday online with no issues, think I was using the mediaplayer stream though, can't remember tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Just tried Questions and Answers live. TBH it had just finished.

Windows Media Player I got a black screen and 'Ready' only. I will need to test this next chance I get a live transmisson.

Real Player worked fine ONLY after I stopped my windows firewall from wanting to block the live transmisson. Firewall popped up giving me the option on what I wanted to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

RTÉ Two news is working perfectly right now on both WMP and RP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

There is also the issue that they have introduced adverts before the live transmissions.

Check if your browser has got Ad-filtering software (like Adblock Pro on Firefox), as it does interfere and doesn't start the live stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

also clear your browsers cache.

• Advertisement
Advertisement