Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 southbound @ Leopardstown

Options
  • 02-07-2007 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

hi all

WRT the M50 southbound behind leopardstown race course.
    The right lane has closed, moving traffic to the hard shoulder with a 60km/h speed limit.
    Does anyone know what this is for? Or better still when it will be back to normal?
    Luas works mabey?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Works for the Luas bridge for the Cherrywood extension. They're going to last 12 months according to the DLRCoCo website :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

hi all

WRT the M50 southbound behind leopardstown race course.
    The right lane has closed, moving traffic to the hard shoulder with a 60km/h speed limit.
    Does anyone know what this is for? Or better still when it will be back to normal?
    Luas works mabey?

thanks

There are actually 2 places where the LUAS will cross the M50 SEM, one south of Leopardstown/Sandyford Junction 13/14 and one just north of Carrickmines Junction 15. The crossings in question will take the form of long viaducts spaning a distance much greater than the width of the M50 itself. However, I hope the contractors move their butts, unlike whats happening with the current M50 upgrade works.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 20,933 ✭✭✭✭Stark

However, I hope the contractors move their butts, unlike whats happening with the current M50 upgrade works.

The M50 works are on schedule as far as I know?

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

Stark wrote:
    The M50 works are on schedule as far as I know?

The contractors will probably meet their 2 year deadline all right, but I've taken several trips down the M50 recently and didn't see too many people working on the new centre lanes - during the day that is!!! Why are motorists being made suffer on the substandard outer lanes for longer than necessary? Why aren't the contractors injecting some urgency into the pace of their works - with the new 'design and build fixed price' regime along with bonuses for early completion, surely the contracting company would want to be on and off the site as quickly as possible - after all, I'm sure site insurance doesn't come too cheaply! Well hopefully, the mainline will be ready by December - it would make sense to open the auxiliary lanes then!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Advertisement
Advertisement