Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journal Abbreviations..

Options
  • 02-07-2007 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm submitting a paper atm... for an Elsevier journal and the journal in question uses abbreviations such as... Anim. Conserv.
    I cant find the correct abbreviations anywhere other than looking through old issues, and I'm not even sure if I should be submitting the paper with the references in this form.....

So does anyone know if I should leave the full journal titles in the references, or if I should find the proper abbreviations, and if so, where can I find them?

Darn supervisor is away atm...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

Just found a website that may be of use to you:

http://www.efm.leeds.ac.uk/~mark/ISIabbr/A_abrvjt.html

doesn't seem to have your Animal Conservation journal on it though. Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

Thanks
    That link was a big help! I had guessed a few of them wrongly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

I'd say put in the full titles if you're not sure - best to be safe than sorry;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

ah that paper is long gone:) thank goodness...
    I think I got the abbreviations sorted in the end. Just putting the finishing touches on another one now:)

Advertisement