Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodly discrace

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

If I was a relation of that guy that tried to kill Hitler I wouldnt want Tom Cruise playing the part either..........just because its Tom Cruise :rolleyes:

Great, looks like another over dramatised, historically incorrect American war movie where the Germans speak English with American accents :(

Thats what you find a disgrace too....right? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Lazairus

yup , i think its a discrace how he was given a role of an honorable man , because that story has such scope and depth , if it was filmed properly then it would be magic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

at least cruise wont get the oscar he so wants

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Straight to DVD box-office flop! A total insult to the German anti-nazis, and anyone else for that matter. It will be even worse than John Wayne's portrayal of Genghis Khan.

Why can't the crazy short-a**e get the message that no-one takes him seriously anymore!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

ejmaztec wrote:
    Straight to DVD box-office flop! A total insult to the German anti-nazis, and anyone else for that matter. It will be even worse than John Wayne's portrayal of Genghis Khan.

Why can't the crazy short-a**e get the message that no-one takes him seriously anymore!

bar maybe topgun, but did anyone ever take him seriously?

• Advertisement

On second thoughts, I think you could be right::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

YES!! He did a top notch performance in Far and Away, his portrayal as that Irish guy was simply magnificant! (:p :p .....:rolleyes: )

Anyway, this is getting more like a 'Celeb and Showbiz' thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Jesus, don't we like to judge here. Hang on while I fetch the horse

If the film is rubbish and/or historically inaccurate, so be it. Give it a chance ffs, it's not a disgrace yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Em it won't be in German Tchocky? Plus it doesn't seem like a very interesting film to be honest.

It will be really exciting when the previously hidden truth of the incident is revealed for the first time. Von Stauffenberg was really an American, who took time off from cracking the enigma code to assassinate Hitler. Hitler really was killed and replaced with an android from the future, all done under the direct orders of L Ron Hubbard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

So it won't be in German, I don't think Sapir-Worf stretches that far tbh

sure the thread title isn't in English

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

ejmaztec wrote:
    It will be really exciting when the previously hidden truth of the incident is revealed for the first time. Von Stauffenberg was really an American, who took time off from cracking the enigma code to assassinate Hitler. Hitler really was killed and replaced with an android from the future, all done under the direct orders of L Ron Hubbard.
    May not be so far from the truth. There was a book published a few years ago Secret Germany:Claus von Stauffenberg and the Mystical Crusade against Hitler by Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh, who are notorious as the authors of The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, which was possibly a source for The Da Vinci Code. So when I saw the story about Tom Cruise playing von Stauffenberg, I thought at first it was Tom Hanks.

Advertisement