Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering ACCA

Options
  • 30-06-2007 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭

I've a masters in Business which qualifies me for a number of exemptions. Erroneously as far as I can make out, because I haven't any experience of the material in the 4 that I'm exempt from.

I work full time, and would get 75% of my costs covered, but am not interested in doing all 14 exams over the 3 and a bit years it would take. Would it be foolhardy to take the exemptions and plough on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Hi Uberwolf,

Which ones are you exempt from?

If you’re exempt from F2 & F3 (Financial Accounting & Financial Management) and you've no experience then you're in for a rough ride.

One of the problems with ACCA was the gulf between the first level accounting paper and the second accounting paper. I'd be astounded if you didn't flounder with the second level paper (now F7) having had no previous exposure to Accounting.

Maybe you studied Accounting for the Leaving cert or you had some in your basic degree? Either way you've two choices.

One, don't accept the exemptions in the accounting subjects, and study for the exams. Or you could take the exemptions and study the materials and practice exam questions yourself. Then you could take the later exams. Personally I'd go for the latter! :)

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

latter here too to be honest... jump right in the deep end would be my choice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

It's the first 4 F1, through F4.

I'm wary of accepting the exemptions and exposing myself to failing advanced courses.

Equally the further year it would take to the first 4 would make my doing the ACCA much less attractive (read not happening!)

I'd be 100% sponsored except for repeats.

Advertisement