Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[N25] Oh how I hate steps backwards...

Options
  • 29-06-2007 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭

Right hopefully someone will know more about this than me.

N25 Carrigtwohill - Midleton. Is poor quality DC with median crossings at the moment. This year the NRA published CPO details for this stretch. It seemed to fit in with the huge Amgen factory development along that stretch. I never saw plans but upgrade of the entire section as well as proper GSJs for the median crossings was planned as far as I know.

Amgen then delayed building the factory, rumors floating around say they're gone.

Roadworks continue at one of the median crossings - I got suspicious though when streetlights were put up.

Drove through the roadworks yesterday.

Traffic lights.

TRAFFIC BLOODY LIGHTS.

They are putting mainline traffic lights there.

Newlands Cross Mark II. What are they thinking taking the arterial commuter route from East Cork into Cork and putting mainline traffic lights on it. What a farce. I only hope this is temporary and that a full upgrade to GSJ will happen if/when the main scheme goes ahead.

My god sometimes the NRA are stupid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Ah but sure it'll be fine when they upgrade the section from the Tunnel to the Barryscourt flyover to 120km/h. Should make braking to a stop at the lights a laugh.

The last time I saw the plan for the road was pre Amgen, but they originally planned to get rid of all the median crossings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

My god sometimes the NRA are stupid.
    That is an understatement.
    They went against the 4 original GGC possible routes for the new N17 Galway Tuam section of the Atlantic corridor and moved it to a Tuam to Athenry direction, missing all the proposed growth areas it should be serving.
    The NRA route which has been settled on will only take an estimated 15% of the traffic away from the current N17, which has 35,000 vehicles a day passing through Claregalway alone.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,934 ✭✭✭✭Stark

And they're definitely permanent traffic lights, not temporary ones for the roadworks?

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Heard on Archiseek that -
    Piece on the 'Irish Examiner' during the week from the Cork County Council advising that the traffic lights were only a temporary measure while the proposals for the split level crossing were being finalised.

They're not roadwork traffic lights, they're properly fixed and fitted permanent lights.

I reckon the upgrade of this route will be shelved and these lights will be permanent :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Heard on Archiseek that -

They're not roadwork traffic lights, they're properly fixed and fitted permanent lights.

I reckon the upgrade of this route will be shelved and these lights will be permanent :(
    AFAIK they'll be there for the duration of Amgen construction. So a few years - at least.

• Advertisement
Advertisement