Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert students

Options
  • 29-06-2007 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

I was just wondering what college or university u are going to ???? And what course . I just thought I furrow it in …

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Erm depends on my points tbh. Probably Galway, arts or science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭LINKY.V.18

ah come on like...jeez there's already a whole thread pages long of exactly this.the sticky on the top,its called "my college course...".i suggest a merger with that thread or something because this is pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

LINKY.V.18 wrote:
    ah come on like...jeez there's already a whole thread pages long of exactly this.the sticky on the top,its called "my college course...".i suggest a merger with that thread or something because this is pointless.

That thread is about people describing courses they are already doing. THis is about what people have chosen to do. Although there probably is thread similar to this already somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Biological And Chemical Sciences - UCC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

primary teacing in mary i...

fingers crossed....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

fionated7 wrote:
    primary teacing in mary i...

fingers crossed....

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

fizzy hicks UCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

DIT ftw, then DCU, then..........?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

DIT most likely for me, really need to go there.

Cool, what course you going for?
    Computer Science here or Computing, so damm hard to decide:(
    I am getting myself up to scratch on C programming and Unix systems as we speak...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

engineering in dcu for me.

cocoa wrote:
    engineering in dcu for me.

Are you going for common entry or a particular type of Engineering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Naikon wrote:
    Are you going for common entry or a particular type of Engineering?

From what I recall there is actually no subject difference. Just a quota system is applied to the common entry in second year, so you might miss out on what you really want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering MEng , Queens University Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

entry to eng in DCU is actually kindah mysterious, there's, iirc 7 different choices on the cao but in actuality the college is currently streaming all engineering students into a common first year, although obviously, if you specify and get in through a specific route, and then wish to choose another there may be some penalty.

Personally, I chose the common entry because I'm not yet certain which branch I would prefer. I even put both common entry options on my cao, for kicks :P (common entry to engineering (electrical) is DC200, cool huh? and common entry to engineering (manufacturing and mechanical))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Naikon wrote:
    Cool, what course you going for?
    Computer Science here or Computing, so damm hard to decide:(
    I am getting myself up to scratch on C programming and Unix systems as we speak...

Nice.. I'v been intending to get a grounding in programming before I start but looks like I'm not gonna have time before September. Fair play for having the initiative.

Hoping to do the BA in CS in UCD myself.. (enough acronoyms for ya there?)

karmabass wrote:
    Nice.. I'v been intending to get a grounding in programming before I start but looks like I'm not gonna have time before September. Fair play for having the initiative.

Hoping to do the BA in CS in UCD myself.. (enough acronoyms for ya there?)
    Nah, you are probably better off enjoying your Summer and leaving the College content till September, besides as my cousin told me, College will be boring If you learn it all on your own:)
    Not that I am learning an substantial amount, just working with UNIX(BSD user) and getting used to command line interpretation as its more efficient than the GUI.

C wise, I am just writing some more simple programs to get a "feel" for it.
    The real meat will come in September:D
    I myself am going to study the Bsc in Computing in DIT come September.
    Your course mixes some non-CS stuff in too which is a nice option I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭hoggie-bear

im praying for journalism DIT or DCU.. have a few english and media courses down just incase i dont get the points but DIT defo 1st choice.. bring on college life!!!:D

Advertisement