Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

winsrv.dll???

Options
  • 29-06-2007 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm having trouble with my laptop and thought that someone might be able to help me out, so here goes.

After not using my laptop for about two weeks i turned it on and the following happens:

1 - my laptop manufacturer logo pops up - normal,
    2 - the windows xp logo pops up - normal, then....
    3 - a blue screen pops up for less than a second - wtf!!!!!!!

Then the steps are repeated until the power runs out :-)

I managed to get a picture of the message that pops up on the blue screen, it goes as follows;

STOP: c000007b {read image}
    the application or DDL \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\winsrv.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

I cant start up in safe mode either so i dont know what the hell is going on.

I havent downloaded anything dodgy lately, or at least i dont think i have.

Anyway, any help/advice on how to remedy this problem myself would be greatly appreciated before i go and hand over my hard earned cash to get it fixed elsewhere.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

If you have your Operating System installation discs try running a repair on the system. Seems to be the only solution I have found from others posts found on google.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

you can also press F8 at startup and select either safe mode or last known good configuration to see if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

you can also press F8 at startup and select either safe mode or last known good configuration to see if it works.

The OP did already say that they weren't able to start in safe mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JuJuYNWA

Soundman wrote:
    If you have your Operating System installation discs try running a repair on the system. Seems to be the only solution I have found from others posts found on google.

Thanks for the suggestion but I've tried this already to no avail.

Finally i gave my laptop in to get fixed during the week, apparently, someone downloaded something they should not have.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nc_samurai

Hello guys,

I had this same problem and this is what I did to solve the issue.

1-I burned a bootable CD (a Bootable Floopy or USB Stick should also work. 2-I extracted the winsrv.dll file from my Windows XP CD installation disc.
    3-Burned the bootble CD and included a copy of WinSrv.dll.
    4-Set the system BIOS to boot from CD
    5-copied the winsrv.dll to C:\windows\system32\ from the command prompt
    using: copy winsrv.dll c:\windows\system32 [ENTER]
    6-removed the CD from the CD Drive
    7-Rebooted the machine
    8-Problem Solved

Hope this helps someone

• Advertisement
Advertisement