Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting house in Dublin

Options
  • 29-06-2007 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi guys I just need a little advice regarding affordable rent for students in Dublin area. I will be attending college in Stillorgan in September and will be also working poart time so I am hoping with grant and a part time job I can get by the high cost of living in Dublin.

From what I've heard Stillorgan would be very dear in terms of prices for rent so can you recommend somewhere nearby which is easy to get to regarding Dart, buses, and Nitelink buses. Also a place where other students may live would be great. And last but not least Id like somewhere where is quite safe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Well, your best bet is somewhere along the 46a as it services Stillorgan and is the most regular bus service in the country afaik. Check out the 'commuter search' option on daft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Where is there a college in Stillorgan? Do you mean UCD?

A lot of students live in places like Ranelagh and Rathmines. The 11/11A goes through Ranelagh.

The 11 goes to Stillorgan
    The 11A goes to Mather Road North
    The 11B goes into UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Isn't it hard enough to get a place in Rathmines? Friends of mine were looking to move and went crazy looking at places that were gone straight away. They gave up and just stayed put in the part of rathmines they were already in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭beer4life

Its actually just a PLC course in Stillorgan College Of Furthe Education.

So is Rathmines nearby it? And is it pretty safe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

Rathmines is a great place to live. Lived there myself for many years, plenty of student accomodation. Would be a little trickier for you to get out to Stillorgan from there, but not impossible. I used to cycle from near there to Cabinteely, going through Stillorgan on route. Used to take me about 40 mins and I think Stillorgan was about 20-25 mins into that journey. Ranelagh/Donnybrook (or the Ranelagh side of Rathmines) might be better for you, as it's closer to the 46A route. Course you could also cycle from Rathmines to Donnybrook (ie to the bus stop) in about 5-10 mins and then take the 46A out. It will take you longer than cycling all the way, but it's nice to have the option on hangover mornings! Not as much student accomodation in Ranelagh/Donnybrook, but there still is some.

Good luck with your studies, you'll have a blast. :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement