Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many can you recognise?

Options
  • 29-06-2007 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

Just came across this and thought it mught amuse a few of you, particularly as more than a few of them seem a mite familiar...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

I love bootlegs like that. Its sort of like the eurovision of Transforming robots.. really really God awful but you just cant help yourself!! I think I used to have the twin-twist one back in the day.

Actually I bought two knock-off transformers in Tuthills (a really bad Masterpiece Optimus Prime rip-off and G1 Onslaught) for four euro each there a while ago. They were really crap and lasted about five minutes but they had some cool accessories - Optimus Prime came with a Megatron gun & they both had little mini-con robots...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

HA!!! Pink Doublecross!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

I'm not sure if he's a Transformer or not (he's not one I recognise), but you have to feel sorry for the half-decent looking red jet-based one who got his head shoved up a much crapper robots rectum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I picked up a knock off Motormaster (really cheapo looking and doesnt turn into an operations base) and a knock off sixbuilder set for a fiver each in my local newsagents(in Clonee) .
    They're grand sitting on my shelf but I think they'd last about 5 minutes if a kid tried to play with them (they're really really bad quality!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I had a knock-off Megatron when I was a kid that was actually pretty cool and didn't suffer from trigger-crotch like the official one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I love Knock Offs, because there's actually the chance you'll get one that would have passed QC and you basically have a slightly crappier version of a toy worth 5-6 times as much. I got a surprisingly good quality Victory Lio, and a somewhat nice Psycho Orb. All the Mirages were a bit ****, though.

I wouldn't mind a spare Megatron gun from that Prime Knock off, if you have it. Only if it's the same size as the original, though. I'd also love to see the knock off itself! KOing MP Prime seems so odd. I wouldn't mind a smaller version.

Anyone seem any other interesting bits and bobs? Anyone know any good shops for them? Pref. in the big cities, Limerick Galway Cork or Dublin City Centre, can't really get anywhere else. Anyone know a place to get them online?

I'll share one - if you're in Limerick, on the road between the Station and the Comic Book shop; just before where all the banks are, between the two bakeries. If you pass a Euro store or whatever they're called these days, they have a couple of combiners, I think it was Superion. Didn't look quite nice enough for me to cough up 7 Euros for, but someone else might like it. It's from the same line as that MP Prime, by the back of the pack.

Supersavers in Cork also had the Robot Masters. The newsagents on Gort in the mainstreet probably still has some, as well as some other interesting quality looking Budgetformers.

Advertisement