Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole delay.

Options
  • 28-06-2007 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hi all. I have finished collage in and have been looking for a job for about 5 weeks. In this time I signed on and have been waiting for a payment ever since. There was a mess us with my p45 from a part time job I held during collage. In the end it turned out my PPs no was not on it, and it took me weeks to sort it out. I eventually got a copy last week and gave the bottom half to the Dole office, and the top half to the Tax office, as I was owed quite a bit due to the poxy p45.

The thing is I have not got any welfare payments or letters at all from them. When I go in they tell me I am waiting to be approved, is this normal after 5 weeks? They said I could go to a community welfare officer with my P45 but I gave that to the Tax man. I have had a few work interviews by now but nothing happening yet and I’m maxing my credit card just paying rent. Getting kind of desperate now, any advice? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I'd advise you to go down to the Comunityy Welfare Officer as regards supplementary welfare allowance. do you have any documents stating your claim is being processed to bring down there with you? You could also enquire from the Community welfare Officer about rent allowance if you are not living at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Offalycool

Thanks for the reply. I will try and get some evidence out of the dole office. Is 5 weeks a long time to be waiting for Benefit or is it normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Covenline

its normal, they are slow slow slow

go to supplementery people and get dole of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kev-SkinTicket4

yeah, i was waiting 16 feckin weeks before they sorted me out. the problem was that the ONE SINGLE ****ING REPLACEABLE PERSON that simply pushes a button on a computer to approve the claims, was on holiday. I went in there on the 16th week crying, because it was 4 days before Christmas and they sent out some supervisor or other and they gave me a 400 euro cheque that day. the next few weeks, they paid me the rest of the 2,952 in large installments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

You are meant to notify then if you are going on holidays,

• Advertisement
Advertisement