Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange memory retrieval

Options
  • 27-06-2007 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

rite iv noticed a lot lately how random memories come into my head after being triggered by seeing something. For example I saw a volvo the other day and i thought about the a school teacher from years ago who had nothing to do with this volvo or cars in general. Basically there didn't appear to be any link at all. This is just one example of many,where some random memory/people/things come into my mind after being triggered by something else.
    I hope I described this well enough for ye all to understand!
    But id like to get to the bottom of this and find out wat this is all about and how things/memories can be triggered by things/sights that seem to have zero association/link to the triggeree ( if thats even a word!)
    thanks
    ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

triggered memories in no way have to have a direct relationship to the things that trigger them,perhaps hte brain just decided randomly to think about this person or it was always htere and just waiting to be explored.i remember when i liked this girl and at hte most random of moments miles away from her i would get the smell of her perfume,it obviously wasnt there but it got her in my head,perhaps something subconscious wanted me to think about her.
    the brain works in funny ways and there is no guarantee it was even the volvo that triggered the memory.perhaps it was the background which faded behind hte car that you didnt even realise you were taking in that did it.a strange one that id imagine a lot of people experience

Advertisement