Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation meetup - Foynes Festival?

Options
  • 27-06-2007 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

So, now that we have our own Forum, how about a meet-up? The Foynes Flying Boat Museum are having a festival during July 6th to 8th, with a re-enactment of the proving flight that established Foynes as a seaplane hub. They'll have a Catalina Flying Boat coming into berth, which should be fantastic.

Anyone up for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Gablin

Hmmmmm, I might be able to make the friday evening......

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

its my birthday on the thursday...so weekend long celebrations are in order + its a bit far for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Argh i'm playing a gig the 7th. Music is really getting in the way of aviation these days!! :)

Do ye fancy meeting up in a bar in kilkenny and watching a great soul band instead? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

pclancy wrote:
    Do ye fancy meeting up in a bar in kilkenny and watching a great soul band instead? :D

Only if I'm not gigging with my own band, and get to hop up!

Advertisement