Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Africa vs Connacht

Options
  • 27-06-2007 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I believe this is a warm-up match for the Boks before the WC. They play on the 21st August, KO 19:30

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

really? journeymen playing tourist...brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Tickets for Connachts match with World Cup contenders, South Africa are due to go on general release on Monday 25th June.

Tickets are priced at €30 for an adult and €10 for a junior. There are no tickets available for the enclosed stand as these are fully booked with corporate hospitality. It is possible to buy a maximum of 4 tickets per transaction on Ticketmaster.

Season ticket holders will not only gain entry to Connacht's match with South Africa but will also be given first refusal on the option to buy a second ticket for that match, prior to the tickets going on general release on Monday 25th June. Season tickets are available in the meantime from the branch offices at the Sportsground on College Road in Galway or alternatively from the following link:

https://oss.ticketmastereurope.com/html/home.htmI?team=connachtrugby

Might go and make a weekend out of it :)

Great warm up game!! South Africa must be really keen to work on their defence!!! :D:D Or maybe theyre tryin to practice keeping up their intensity when theyre 150 - 0 up.......

Strange one I have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

No way!?!? Connacht will get destroyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

South Africa aren't even playing their A team in the 3N what kind of team do you think they are going to send to play Connacht?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 modalcommand

connundrum wrote:
    Might go and make a weekend out of it :)

Its on a tuesday night.

Not too sure if I will bother with this. What kind of a game is it going to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Its on a tuesday night.QUOTE]

You obviously have never taken to the 4 day weekend idea, you should. Its good for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Pinetree Boy

No more than an opposed training run. They also play Namibia in a warm up. But must be good for local fans and presumably the local club gets the gate takings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I predict Connacht to shade it by 4 points:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I was joking of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

and you wonder why Connacht are the poor relation in Irish Rugby.

Nice attitude lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Any idea on where/how to get tickets for this match? I'm down the west around this time anyway so it would be perfect.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

shoutman wrote:
    Any idea on where/how to get tickets for this match? I'm down the west around this time anyway so it would be perfect.
    They were on sale at the Sportsground itself, on TicketMaster or if you've bought a season ticket.

I'm not too sure what the availability is like now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Robbo wrote:
    They were on sale at the Sportsground itself, on TicketMaster or if you've bought a season ticket.

I'm not too sure what the availability is like now.
    It's a good move by Jake White. Obviously it's a trial match or preparation match for players who wants 15 - 30 in his squad. He wants them to play against a team who may not have as much skill but will have heart and be organised which is what his 2nd string will face in the WC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Where is this being played?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Crumbs, thats miles from me, still might try organise a trip down, could be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭matdabomb

Last 800 tickets went on sale today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

That's a bizzare choice of game or SA...any of the other 3 could have posed some kind of resistance, but this is a poor ML team! I just hope, somehow, this wont be a 50+ point winning margin...Connacht confidence can't be great as it is!!

Advertisement