Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - no service, only humiliation

Options
  • 26-06-2007 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I ordered a bundle with phone and broadband from Eircom, a broadband order that disappointed me greatly. The installation of the phone went well and was done on the 5th of June. On the same date, the 5th, I called Eircom to verify my broadband order. I received the information that this was in progress and it will be available no later than 10 working days, meaning no later than the 19th of June.

14th of June:
    I called Eircom on the 14th of June to see the status. I received the information the there was no request for broadband since the Eircom online reservation team had had not processed it. The only options I had been to either to order it again on the phone (and pay a fee) or go online. It was, of course, a disappointment that the order of Broadband was not even in progress, as I was informed on the 5th.

I than called customer complaint, since I thought it would be fair that our order should be handled with a higher priority since Eircom already promised us broadband no later than the 19th of June. At customer complain, I talked to JP Waters. He suggested me to do the order of Broadband again on the Web and than call him back with the order number. He also informed me that I was an important customer to Eircom. This was a big lie, since after this I have been treated with greatest disrespect and even plain lies. Based on JP Water suggestion, I made a new order for Broadband the same date, the 14th.

17th of June:
    I received a mail and called 1800 200 481 on Monday the 17th and asked for JP Waters. All as agreed. Since JP Waters was in a call, I was informed by an employee that I where to be contacted by a manager. This manager may not call me until the next day, Tuesday the 18th of June. Again, I was treated poorly since no manager, well no one at all, called me, for the next day. I was neglected by Eircom.

20th of June:
    After not hearing anything from Eircom on Wednesday the 20th, I called 1800 200 481. I asked for JP Waters, but he was not in. I received the information that he would call me no later than noon on Thursday the 21st.

21stst of June at 11:40:
    Close to noon on Thursday the 21st, I have not heard from JP Waters. I understand that, once again, I was treated in a poor manner by the employees of Eircom. I called Eircom again to ask about the status. I called the, now usual, 1800 200 481 to talk to JP Waters. What I now was to experience was a new level of poor treatment.

The person I talked to informed me that JP Waters was on the phone. Since I where to leave Ireland that afternoon, and that I already was promised to receive a call before noon, it was important for me to know when to expect a call from Eircom. I informed the person this and said that I hope to get a call from JP Waters shortly. The response I got was that JP will call me and than he hang up on me. This is humiliating, especially for someone who already been treated incorrect!!!

At the same call, I was also asked about my mobile number and given the information that Eircom do not store contact details as the mobile number of a customer. I found this strange since I have, in the installation of my phone, been contacted on my mobile by Eircome. I simply guess that this Eircom employee simply lied.

26th of June:
    Being what Customer Care called “an important customer to Eircom”, I am greatly disappointed by the way Eircom in general, and Customer Care in specific, has treated me. I have been provided lies as well as being neglected and humiliated, when the only thing I looked for was a broadband installation.

When I called today the 26th, Eircom could not inform when I where to receive a package with the Wireless Router and a Broadband connection. They could only inform that I where to be contacted within 10 days and that my case had been escalated.

Since the only Eircom service of interest for me is the Broadband, this means that for the moment do we have no service of interest from Eircom. Still, while waiting for the delayed broadband, line renal is being charged.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Letter to the company secretary is now the next step. Disgraceful behaviour from Eircom. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

normal behaviour from eircom actually

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jaferson

Sponge Bob wrote:
    normal behaviour from eircom actually

Although its pretty enough to understand that you said all over in negetive sense but Mate I am kind of disagree with you.Since the eircom started it is the best service we are getting now.After Monopoly business when Eircom comen to the open Market it falls in competition with other Telecom Gaiants like BT, Digiweb etc.If you look at 2/3 yaers back there were nothing about Eircom Service at all. But whenever it is aquaried by Austrilians itsstarted to develop itself.I am not sure you guys all are aware about that or not that the current service we are getting from Meteor is also aquried by Eircom.And they are good enough than previous years including Network.So we should give little bit more time to develope that as a Irish Company.A Dad never ignore his kids saying he/she is not good at all in anyting so I should ignore but giving him/her chance to improve..........thats My opinion and that what I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

jaferson wrote:
    A Dad never ignore his kids saying he/she is not good at all in anyting so I should ignore but giving him/her chance to improve..........thats My opinion and that what I believe.

Very well put jaferson. I can understand that the origanal OP is frustrated about the lack of service, but i'm sure eircom and there complaints team are dealing with other customer's and when your turn comes around they will contact you.

OP you are basically calling eircom customer service etc as shambolic, but yet when you where told the second time that was there was no order for broadband that you then went and placed a new order, yes i know you where told, but you should have known what you where getting yourself in for after your first order was not processed.

There are plenty of other ISP in ireland you could have gone with if you wanted, but you have your reason's for staying. I already read your post before you point it out, i am merley pointing out that eircom are not the only ISP in ireland. I never have any problems so i can only say what great service they provide :rolleyes: , i'm sure there are many more like myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

What exactly have the Austrialians done?

How is this an Irish Company?

You are aware it is highest line rental in Europe, amongt the poor DSL and poor investment since eircom privatised?

Almost all the real competition is Wireless, with a tiny amount of fibre. The lion's share and all the profit of other people selling DSL goes to eircom for one of the poorest speed yet expensive product (when you include Line Rental).

Obviously if you can actually get the BB product it works reliably. But slow and very expensive compared with similar countries. Nor does 85% of exchanges mean anything like 85% availability due to pair gains, poor lines etc. Since they only supply when the line is good up to 4.5km, it will be very reliable, like a big black bicycle.

BT in N.I. is suppling ADSL over 9km from exchange. In France 20Mbps DSL in a village is cheaper than what you pay for 3Mbps in Dublin.

My experience of dealing with them from 1983 to 2006 was broken promises, lost orders, incorrect exploitive billing and failure to admit a line fault for 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

watty wrote:
    What exactly have the Austrialians done?

How is this an Irish Company?

You are aware it is highest line rental in Europe, amongt the poor DSL and poor investment since eircom privatised?

Almost all the real competition is Wireless, with a tiny amount of fibre. The lion's share and all the profit of other people selling DSL goes to eircom for one of the poorest speed yet expensive product (when you include Line Rental).

I think your forgetting this is ireland, everything is expensive from buying a house to buying a pint, so your above statement i dont agree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

jaferson wrote:
    Although its pretty enough to understand that you said all over in negetive sense but Mate I am kind of disagree with you.Since the eircom started it is the best service we are getting now.After Monopoly business when Eircom comen to the open Market it falls in competition with other Telecom Gaiants like BT, Digiweb etc.

It was better than digiweb back then, digiweb did not even exist.
    If you look at 2/3 yaers back there were nothing about Eircom Service at all.

There was, Biddy waited in mullingar and in tuam to be of help. God bless biddy the semi literate bovine she was and is. Then eircom built citywest and filled it with minimum wage fluff, albeit fairly pleasant fluff compared to Biddy but pretty useless fluff .
    But whenever it is aquaried by Austrilians itsstarted to develop itself.I am not sure you guys all are aware about that or not that the current service we are getting from Meteor is also aquried by Eircom.And they are good enough than previous years including Network.So we should give little bit more time to develope that as a Irish Company.
    You told us its a Australian a minute ago which it is . It has improved a tad since acquisition. It has a long way to go all the same ....like giving customers proper lines and stuff.
    A Dad never ignore his kids saying he/she is not good at all in anyting so I should ignore but giving him/her chance to improve..........thats My opinion and that what I believe.

:confused: believe away if you must :confused: eh ??? , till you meet biddy. she has not gone away you know ....even from faults.

she never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tomasAgustafsso

27th of June:
    Happy days. I received the Router. I connected and installed it - it worked.

However, since Eircom customer care has proven to be increadably poor, I raised a camplaint on the Eircom web-site about this issue.

I received the information that I would be contacted in 10 days on this issue.

28th of June:
    I was contacted by Eircom customer care but the representative asked me only if I received the modem. I informed that I had. However, when I asked what the representative from Eircom had to say about my complaint, she had not read my complaint. She did not even have my complain at her computer.

Since the customer representative had not red my comlaint, she promised to get back to me.

Again, this was a lie from a representative from Eircom.

23th of July:
    Since I have not been called by the representative from Eircom, I mail them again to see what the status of my case is and why I have not been contacted by Eircom customer care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭windy bee

Eircom are nothing but a collection of philistines, we all know this and the board of directors is run by men who I'll bet couldn't count their balls and get the same answer twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Hi Thomas

It all fairness, and not putting down your situation, but the 5th of June to the 27th is not that bad a wait really. Ok it could be quicker but considering you had a delay in the middle and you still have it in in 3 weeks its ok.

If it makes you feel better we're close to waiting 2 months now for smart and theres still no sign of them pulling the finger out, so it can get worse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Huggy Bear

Thomas, come on, you pushed and pushed when there was absolutely no need to do so … you ordered on June 5th … given a date of June 19th and decide to hassle Eircom with 3 totally unnecessary nuisance phone calls before that date!

You made a second online order on the 14th, which granted you should not need to have to do but mistakes happen, and within 10 working days you received your broadband, granted this was 5 working days from you original order.

You got your broadband & lets face it the treatment you deserved for the totally out of order harassment you gave the customer service people.
    Get over it you have what you ordered & wanted in a reasonable amount of time …

I myself ordered broadband and within 7 days revised and was hooked up …happy days :D

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 m3boy

To be honest i never really liked eircom but when moving into my new apartment the only available broadband was from eircom,
    after i had my line put in i contacted eircom and told them i required broadband, the cs team said i should have it within 3days.
    3 days later i still had no broadband and rang them back up .
    they said they were very sorry and that they had no order from me looking for broadband, i then told her to re order the broadband which she did and then told me i will have to wait an extra 3 days , i told her this was not good enough that my customers were going mad and that my company was loosing alot of money due to us not having a broadband connection (because i had the eircom account under the company name i had a business account)
    she said the broadband would be working by tomoro and appoligised for any inconvinece.
    the apartment already had a router in it so i didnt need to wait for them to send me a new one, whthin 6 hours of ringing eircom i was connected to broadband , their connection was reliable and fast .
    maybey this was because i was a business customer but to be honest it dosen't cost that much extra to become a business customer and i feel as a business customer i get priority over residential customers so money well spent :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

So eircom gave you preferential treatment as a business customer for DSL? that's interesting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

well if you think thats bad one of my customers was moving office and im****e messed up the order and ordered new phone lines and no broadband took another 3weeks to sort out the mess we had to run the office on 3g modem for that time. when the broadband was put in they didnt tell us it had been put in. eircom then put it on the wrong number but when we chased eircom fixed that the same day so its not only eircom that can be useless ( by the way the original provider has now lost a business customer.

Advertisement