Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Visa application process to Teach in S.Korea

Options
  • 26-06-2007 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi Everybody,

If this is off topic then i appologise, but it's related to Korea so i didn't know where else to go.

I just came home from a year in Korea. Last time, i got the job using an Irish recruiter (who shall remain nameless). I'm going back to Korea at the end of the summer cos i had such a good time. This time, i plan on NOT using a recruiter...but to find a job online myself.

My question is, how exactly does one get an E-2 visa from the Korean Embassy in Dublin? The last time, my recruiter handled most of that.

Tell me if im wrong.... I think you get a contract from the school in Korea, post them your contract and your Uni degree to the school. Then the school gives you a visa number which you take to the Embassy, and they'll stick the visa onto your passport.

Is that the sequence of events?
    Did you send your actual Uni Degree to the school, or just a notarised copy?
    How long did the process take?

Kamsamnida.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frany

Shinto wrote:
    Hi Everybody,

If this is off topic then i appologise, but it's related to Korea so i didn't know where else to go.

I just came home from a year in Korea. Last time, i got the job using an Irish recruiter (who shall remain nameless). I'm going back to Korea at the end of the summer cos i had such a good time. This time, i plan on NOT using a recruiter...but to find a job online myself.

My question is, how exactly does one get an E-2 visa from the Korean Embassy in Dublin? The last time, my recruiter handled most of that.

Tell me if im wrong.... I think you get a contract from the school in Korea, post them your contract and your Uni degree to the school. Then the school gives you a visa number which you take to the Embassy, and they'll stick the visa onto your passport.

Is that the sequence of events?
    Did you send your actual Uni Degree to the school, or just a notarised copy?
    How long did the process take?

Kamsamnida.

http://www.worknplay.co.kr/Information/InformationView.aspx?groupSn=1&informationSn=35

This site is a Korean site for foreigners who are looking for jobs in Korea.
    And it mentions about all kind of visas for working or visiting Korea as well.
    Also, you can ask a job there. Hope this may help you.

And you got the correct forum!!

Kwenchanayo~!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

Thanks Frany.

(are you Korean?....i think you are)

I didn't understand your last word as my Korean is very poor. I spent more time learning French in Korea than Korean! I know that sounds awful. Anyway, thank you for your help, i shall check out that website.

Shinto wrote:
    Thanks Frany.

(are you Korean?....i think you are)

I didn't understand your last word as my Korean is very poor. I spent more time learning French in Korea than Korean! I know that sounds awful. Anyway, thank you for your help, i shall check out that website.

Yes I am a South Korean in Dublin. I'm from Seoul.:)

And 괜찮아요(Kwenchanayo) means no problem.

What's Irish recruiter by the way?

I am still learning English so I just want to learn this term.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

A 'recruiter' is a person who finds jobs for you. You give them some money, you tell them what type of job you want, and they go looking for jobs for you.

The Irish recruiter i used found me a job in Incheon, they then sorted out my visa application for me. They were good the first time, but i wouldn't use their services again because i know i can do it myself this time.

Have a nice time in Dublin. See ya.

Shinto wrote:
    A 'recruiter' is a person who finds jobs for you. You give them some money, you tell them what type of job you want, and they go looking for jobs for you.

The Irish recruiter i used found me a job in Incheon, they then sorted out my visa application for me. They were good the first time, but i wouldn't use their services again because i know i can do it myself this time.

Have a nice time in Dublin. See ya.

Ohhhh....got a new English expression;) Thanks million!!^_^ You're a nice Irish:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement