Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reggie Bush meets Beckham

Options
  • 26-06-2007 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

I don't know if we will see the adverts here, but Adidas have apparently signed Reggie Bush and David Beckham to make some adverts or do promotional work together.

They got each of them to show the other, the skills of their game and you even get to see Beckham in a Saints kit complete with shoulder pads and helmet(at least according to the photos) . :rolleyes:

It says that they will be showing the results on http://www.futbolmeetsfootball.com/ but it doesn't seem to be up yet.

But there is an amusing ad featuring Reggie Bush here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RiJabBuW4Y

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Saw a picture of Beckham in pads today. He looks so stupid it's funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Just saw it, he looks so stupid..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

i heard beckam broke a 47 year record for the longest field goal during the making of the ad.Not sure if its true or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

raven136 wrote:
    i heard beckam broke a 47 year record for the longest field goal during the making of the ad.Not sure if its true or not

What 63 yards? Which is held by Tom Dempsey and Jason Elam

OR

69 yards in the NCAA by Ove Johansson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Anybody else think its pretty foolish of Beckham to do an advert wearing an opposition states Football gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Wompa1 wrote:
    Anybody else think its pretty foolish of Beckham to do an advert wearing an opposition states Football gear?

But LA doesn't have a team, and of the other Californian based teams,the NFL supporters from LA would generally hate the Chargers( who are bitter divisional rivals of the Raiders, who played in LA from the early 1980's till the mid 1990's), Similarly, the LA fans wouldn't have much love for the SAN FRANCISCO 49ers and you couldn't see Beckham turning up dressed up in Raiders gear with their pirate image/reputation. So its Beckham the Saint, besides its Reggie Bush's team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

raven136 wrote:

All nonsense, Beckham may or may not have kicked a field goal that is longer than the official record, but several NFL kickers routinely kick 60yd+ field goals during training and pre-match warmups, but that is when there is no pressure on them to make the kick and better still, they don't have 11 guys, some of them 18 stone+ and 6'5 trying to block the kick.

Its a bit like me saying I ran the 100 metres in 8 seconds yesterday, but neglecting to mention that I was running down a steep hill with a strong tail wind at the time :rolleyes:

The official record longest field goal was surely kicked during a match. Odds on, that Beckham's 'record' kick would have been blocked in a real game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Heres the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfpm7FrdQyI

In fairness, beckham does kick some fairly good FG's in it. He also has a few nice passes to bush :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Yeah but how many takes of each did he use before getting them perfect. Same as the time he was kicking the ball at the Golf flag on the green took him 50 odd takes to even hit it once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Pfft ... that kick wasn't 60+ yds.

Nice accuracy though.

Advertisement