Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time Eircom connection - rental house

Options
  • 26-06-2007 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

So I'm movng into a new rental place where's there's never been an eircom connection. My question is who has to cover this cost? As inif I pay and I mov out a year later, the landlord will be able to offer a connected telephone line and I would have footed the bill right? Should it be 50/50?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

thesteve wrote:
    So I'm movng into a new rental place where's there's never been an eircom connection. My question is who has to cover this cost? As inif I pay and I mov out a year later, the landlord will be able to offer a connected telephone line and I would have footed the bill right? Should it be 50/50?
    all yours I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

what i was afraid of.... thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

if its any consolation, we got connected recently and as part of the broadband offer, didn't have to pay the connection fee. Check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

You rented the house with out the phone line so landlord doesn't have to provide one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

No harm in asking him to split the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If it was advertised as including a phone connection, I would say the landlord. Otherwise I think its you, as it is you who want it.

Many people these days only have mobiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

cheers folks...

need a landline as i need broadband for a home office... might go down the digiweb / irish broadband route so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Depending on your location, you may be able to get broadband without the use of a phone line. I know Digiweb offer this for some localities.

Advertisement