Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Next Airshow?

Options
  • 25-06-2007 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Okay so now that the Salthill Airshow's done and dusted for another year,anyone have plans to go to another airshow this year?I'd like to organise a trip to another but dont know where

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Well there is RIAT in the UK in a little under 3 weeks.

http://www.militaryairshows.co.uk/ven3.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Punchy07

Ya thats one i've been seriously considering,but in terms of accomadation,there doesnt seem to be anything left that weekend,and whats the best way of reaching Fairford from Ireland?any info much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Well there is RIAT in the UK in a little under 3 weeks.

http://www.militaryairshows.co.uk/ven3.htm

Thats a serious line up!!

Gripen (Flying)
    Su 30 (static - shame)

I've been to the Waddington airshow and a few others in the UK which were excellent.

Help Needed!I need sum help on RIAT,basically how best to get there and where to stay?Any of you guys going/gone before have any info?I was going to fly to London but dont know where to stay or how to reach the show from there.Any help much appreciated!

Punchy07 wrote:
    Help Needed!I need sum help on RIAT,basically how best to get there and where to stay?Any of you guys going/gone before have any info?I was going to fly to London but dont know where to stay or how to reach the show from there.Any help much appreciated!

According to the official arishow website:

The nearest international airports to RAF Fairford are London Heathrow, Bristol and Birmingham. For flights to these airports please contact:

I'd fly into Heathrow and drive to the airshow if it were me.

http://www.airtattoo.com/airtattoo/VisitorInformation/travel

• Advertisement

Ok so you would fly to London and hire a car,would you stay in London or stay near to the show?Im worried that is too late to book a hotel anywhere near the show at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It is too late to get somewhere near there. I'm not too sure on the ticket situation either.

When we went to Waddington everywhere close by was booked out as well. We booked in a town close by. Try www.tripadvisor.com and search towns near by. Either that or (if it's not too far a drive) book a hotel at Heathrow.

Advertisement