Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilroy's college "leaving cert" ????

Options
  • 25-06-2007 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hey

Has anyone here done the course for the leaving cert in Kilroy’s college ??? And if yes what did you think of them ???. Where they any good ???? . Thanks I’m doing the leaving cert next year … !!! … and what subject(s)

http://www.kilroyscollege.ie/course_category.php?id=10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Probably wouldn't post this in 3 forums!

EDIT now it's 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Shane, as far as I've heard, there a load of conmen. I heard somewhere that they charge over the odds for just very bad notes and help and Shane, you would be better spending the money on grinds if anything from what I've heard.

I just checked the link and site:

Quotes:
    NB: As all our tuition is provided by distance learning, please note that we do not provide supervised classes for the practical elements of the Biology, Chemistry and Physics courses.
    NB:Students planning to study Home Economics now, or History or Geography for the 2008 Leaving Certificate examination should note that the new syllabi for these subjects state that 20% of the overall mark for each subject will be awarded for practical project work that must be verified as the student's own by their class teacher. At present, while aim to cover all the key areas of every Leaving Certificate subject we offer, as a distance learning college, we will not be able to verify practical work for students taking courses in these subjects.

385 Euro is the example of a typical rip-off. Sure you could download the exam-schemes and mark your own work so you don't need them for that and you could pick the exam questions, you don't need them to tell you which ones, just get exam papers. 385Euro is 15-20 grinds which serve much better than any rubbishy course there offering you. So what exactly are you paying nearly 400 for?? Nothing, as you can do it yourself plus you can get those exam hints and tips they say by reading the beginning of the exam papers from Edco and others that provide them. You don't get taught, you do the work, 385euro spent down the drain.

There conmen and don't fall for it!

NB: On a side-note, they apparently have courses or Diplomas in other courses and I just checked the department site and there not eligible to provide actuaj diplomas just they call it a " Kilroys College Diploma" which academically and CV wise is probably useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Shane80

Lucas10101 wrote:
    Shane, as far as I've heard, there a load of conmen. I heard somewhere that they charge over the odds for just very bad notes and help and Shane, you would be better spending the money on grinds if anything from what I've heard.

I just checked the link and site:

Quotes:
    NB: As all our tuition is provided by distance learning, please note that we do not provide supervised classes for the practical elements of the Biology, Chemistry and Physics courses.
    NB:Students planning to study Home Economics now, or History or Geography for the 2008 Leaving Certificate examination should note that the new syllabi for these subjects state that 20% of the overall mark for each subject will be awarded for practical project work that must be verified as the student's own by their class teacher. At present, while aim to cover all the key areas of every Leaving Certificate subject we offer, as a distance learning college, we will not be able to verify practical work for students taking courses in these subjects.

385 Euro is the example of a typical rip-off. Sure you could download the exam-schemes and mark your own work so you don't need them for that and you could pick the exam questions, you don't need them to tell you which ones, just get exam papers. 385Euro is 15-20 grinds which serve much better than any rubbishy course there offering you. So what exactly are you paying nearly 400 for?? Nothing, as you can do it yourself plus you can get those exam hints and tips they say by reading the beginning of the exam papers from Edco and others that provide them. You don't get taught, you do the work, 385euro spent down the drain.

There conmen and don't fall for it!

NB: On a side-note, they apparently have courses or Diplomas in other courses and I just checked the department site and there not eligible to provide actuaj diplomas just they call it a " Kilroys College Diploma" which academically and CV wise is probably useless.

Thanks for the help , It was exceedingly constructive !!!

Thanks again

Advertisement