Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrick-on-Shannon Festival

Options
  • 25-06-2007 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi all, if you are looking for an alternative to Wexford, there is a relatively new festival happening in Carrick-on-Shannon, in Leitrim, from August 15th-19th, called the Carrick Water Music Festival, it's in it's third year.
    This year, Opera Theatre Company is perfroming The Marriage of Figaro on the Saturday night in the Festival Marquee by the Shannon for €25 a ticket!

It's going to be a great few days, with many acts including the Blue Chamber Quartet (a chamber and jazz fusion group), Kila, and A Veronica Dunne Garden Party on the Sunday.

The website is www.carrickwatermusic.com, myspace page is www.myspace.com/carrickwatermusicfest and for more info email rebeccahfarrellwatermusicfest@gmail.com . Tickets for each event cost no more than €25, so it's very good value also!

I hope all this plugging is allowed, as I'm volunteering with the festival, maybe I could start a seperate thread about it if it's ok with the mods?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

Good luck with the Festival - I went to the Magic Flute last year at this festival and although the acoustics were pretty awful in the tent it was a pleasant night, but .....you used the hotel type function chairs in rows as seats they were tied together one presumes to meet fire regs - but it was a very tight fit having these small chairs tied together like theatre chairs there was simply no room to move and two big blokes sitting next to each had a very intimate and uncomfortable sit through the performance - see what you can do this year!!

I won't get to see nozze di Figaro - dumbing down that day with the Stones at Slane.

Advertisement