Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heathrow to Chiswick

Options
  • 25-06-2007 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

have to attend a work thing here later in the summer on a monday morning.
    if i arrive in heathrow at 8am, anyone know if I will firstly be able to get a taxi and secondly, if it will get there for 9:30? Or should I travel over on the Sunday night (would rather not).

tia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

You could pre-book a taxi to meet you, or get the tube to Acton Town, and then a taxi to where-ever. Phone the taxi in advance to let them know what time you'll arrive, I use ~2 mins per tube stop as a rough guide.
    This way you'll beat the traffic - should get you there on time if you've hand baggage only, but planes are often late into Heathrow as it's very busy.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Depending on where in Chiswick you need to be I'll suggest the following options:

Option 1:

Piccadilly Line Heathrow Terminal 1,2,3 to Acton Town.

Change at Acton Town (cross platform interchange) onto a Eastbound District Train towards Tower Hill, Barking, Upminster.

District Line from Acton Town to Turnham Green.

Chiswick is approx a 10 min walk south.

Option 2:

Piccadilly Line Heathrow Terminal 1,2,3 to Hatton Cross.

Change at Hatton Cross for a 285 bus to Feltham (freq 6 to 12 mins).

Change at Feltham for a South West Trains service to London Waterloo VIA HOUNSLOW and this will take you to Chiswick.

If you care to PM me more details of the location in Chiswick I will be able to provide you with more concrete information.

Enterprise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

I'd second what Enterprise has said, more than likely Piccadilly line - District Line to either Chiswick Park, Turnham Green or Stamford Brook will leave you either walking distance or a short bus ride from where you are going.

By Tube it should take 35-40mns to get to any of the Chiswick stations so as long as your flight is on time you would get there before 9.30.

At that time of the morning a Taxi will be very slow, the traffic in the Chiswick/ Kew Bridge area coming off the M4 is very bad, expensive as well.

Post up here your exact destination or put the postcode in to the TfL journey planner for precise directions. http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

hour and a half from stepping off plane to your destination in Chiswick in rush hour simply isnt long enough. It will take upward of 10 mins to reach the main terminal never mind the taxi rank/bus station....

Advertisement