Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC Coverage

Options
  • 25-06-2007 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

I was on the IRFU's website and it mentions a coverage package with TV3 and not RTE. I was wondering if anybody knows if it is going to be on RTE as its rugby coverage is the best in the world. The TV3 package is going to show 10 live games out of 48 which is rather pathetic if they have the full rights. I wont be giving them my viewing figures anyway. End of rant. I would like to know if RTE are doing any coverage and also if there is any alternate coverage. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

This has been discussed already.

TV3 are covering the Irish games, and seem to have quite a good panel together.

If you have access to Setanta and/or ITV (1/2/3/4) you will get all the games.

If you just have terrestrial, ITV / TV3 should cover enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Thanks I did not see the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

Will RTE have any coverage at all.... as in a nightly roundup show or something. Will we get to see Hook and Pope giving any analysis at all????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

jacko wrote:
    Will RTE have any coverage at all.... as in a nightly roundup show or something. Will we get to see Hook and Pope giving any analysis at all????
    Nope as far as I know there'll be no RTE coverage whatsoever.

I think it'll be ITV for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Especially if they're poaching analysts from other channels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement