Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveler 10.1MP Camera in Aldi 28/6/07

Options
  • 24-06-2007 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone any feedback on the Traveler 10.1 MP digital camera in Aldi on 28th June?

www.aldi.ie

Looks like a cracking deal. From what I can see Traveler are a decent brand with a good reputation in Europe.

3 Year warranty aswell.

What do people think?

Also, 2GB SD Memory card available for E17 aswell. Great price.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sonny36

Run, don't walk to your Aldi's to pick up one of these cameras. Check the MINOX 10.1 on Amazon for a viable reference.
    I compared the Traveler with the Nikon D-70 with a Nikkor higher quality lens, and a Sony R1 (10.3 megapixel) and whereas the Sony was better - only marginal. It compared very favorable to the 6 megapixel Nikon D70. With a 6X lens, full manual control and a bright viewfinder it can't be beat for $199.99 USD. Includes a 3 year warranty and docking station. Don't let negative unfounded pundits dissuade you. You will love it as a walk-around all purpose camera

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Err... they're not in Aldi at the moment - at least according to the website.

If this is the camera you're referring to on Amazon, then it doesn't have any reviews saying it's in any way a decent camera. Do you have a link to an expert review?

Unless the Aldi one is gold plated and encrusted with diamonds I'd want to see some reviews... before ......... oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Fnz wrote: »
    Err... they're not in Aldi at the moment - at least according to the website.

That OP was posted back in June!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Ah, that would explain that so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Saint_Mel wrote: »

Exactly. I thought the 'thread resuscitator' might have seen some stock leftovers from the previous Aldi offer period (ie a week/fortnight ago). Perhaps Sonny36 will elaborate on his post.

Can't say I hold much hope of this camera being a quality product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Sonny36 wrote: »
    Run, don't walk to your Aldi's to pick up one of these cameras. Check the MINOX 10.1 on Amazon for a viable reference.
    I compared the Traveler with the Nikon D-70 with a Nikkor higher quality lens, and a Sony R1 (10.3 megapixel) and whereas the Sony was better - only marginal. It compared very favorable to the 6 megapixel Nikon D70. With a 6X lens, full manual control and a bright viewfinder it can't be beat for $199.99 USD. Includes a 3 year warranty and docking station. Don't let negative unfounded pundits dissuade you. You will love it as a walk-around all purpose camera
    Great first post - not! :rolleyes:

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

oldposts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ccass1502

this is a cracking machine. i know i'm posting this really late but i know that old products creep back into aldi every so often. a tht kind of price for a 10mp camera, you'd be crazy not to buy it. this was my first digital camera and i'm so glad i bought it in dundalk. the lcd screen in phenomenally clear, just like a little tv. the picture quality is stunning. maybe it's not better than it's expensive counterparts but is class...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ccass1502

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

Although not directly related, I bought the Traveller 5Mb for the kids. If there is plenty of light (sunny day) it takes more than acceptable photos. However, in dimmer conditions it was very poor in correcting white balance and was very prone to blurring due to having only ISO200 as its fastest sensistivity. That said, for the price there was no logical reason not to buy it for the kids to use.

In conclusion, in good conditions I found it an astonishingly good value product, but as soon as the going gets tough, it really falls down. Consider it almost a form of disposable camera for the price but not something that you would you depend on for a wide variety of uses.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement