Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 way to open a bottle of beer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yes - where there is a will there is a way - especially with beer.

I'll commit those to memory.................you never know when you'd be stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

32 wimmin?, the dog one was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Thank you sir! May I add a thirty third?

Whilst having my first miserable summer day in metrosexual filled Paris (some city in mainland Europe) I had already endured such hardships as finding a strange lack of pubs and greasy spoons and having no idea where to find a hostel, resulting in staying a night in a "cheap"* hotel.

Eventually a nearby supermarket was found, and beer called SWINKEL** was found and bought in a considerable quantities. Unfortunately, I was lacking in basic necessity, the bottle opener, and I had yet to learn of the many ways to open a bottle.

So, I improvised, by jamming the lid in a wrought iron spiral on the balcony which succeeded in both tearing the lid off the bottle, and putting a bend into the balcony. Whilst this is hardly as elegant as many of the 32 methods shown, it is joyfully satisfying to do whilst getting sh|tfaced.

*THEY LIED.

**RECOMMENDED

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

what about the good ole K9 for opening a desperate bottle of beer? kinda hurts but does the job.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cance wrote:
    what about the good ole K9 for opening a desperate bottle of beer? kinda hurts but does the job.

My brother used to do this and he is now short quite a many teeth on both sides of his mouth. I do not recommend this brothers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

cance wrote:

I tried that, but she's got a taste for beer now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

It's so easy to open a bottle, without yanking half of your teeth out. Use a lighter, a key, the top of an unopened bottle, an empty bottle... The list is endless.
    Although the wimmin should bring you a bottle-opener with the bottle, sometimes you have to use those basic survival skills! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

An Citeog wrote:
    Although the wimmin should bring you a bottle-opener with the bottle, sometimes you have to use those basic survival skills! :D
    :eek:

She should hand you an opened bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Artmustang

I never expected there could be a lot of ways opening a bottle of beer.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Being a smoker, I've used the lighter method many times. It's all in the fulcrum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

a brother of mine refuses to use bottle openers for his brews. he believes in true neanderthal fashion, bottles should be opened with whatever means necessary within the locality. his list of items is quite awe-inspiring...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

doonothing wrote:
    a brother of mine refuses to use bottle openers for his brews. he believes in true neanderthal fashion, bottles should be opened with whatever means necessary within the locality. his list of items is quite awe-inspiring...

I concur! I tried opening a bottle with a 1 cent coin yesterday. It's definitely doable, I just haven't quite figured out how. Try doing it with a folded sheet of A4 paper, it actually works :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

and this has to be ny far one of the best party tricks ever....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfkHS_58yvs&mode=related&search=

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I used to do "the lighter trick" with a keyring I had, but then I got one of these so I wouldn't have to take things out of my pocket or actually reach for anything.

That's baby's saved me minutes of effort, and wowed many's a wimmin.

Advertisement