Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Blacks vs SA today - Cork pubs?

Options
  • 23-06-2007 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anyone know which, if any, pubs in Cork are showing the All Blacks vs. South Africa today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

What time is it on at? And will it be on Terrestrial TV? I doubt it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

sky sports xtra

South Africa v New Zealand (2pm) SSX, 1.30pm Tri Nations

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Ah so that would be now... and i do not have sky sports extra :D Ah well...
    thanks for the info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

SA lead 11-6 at half. The tri nations site told me this game was on at 3 Irish time.

yeah I seen that it said 3 GMT.

Bad form...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

It was 3 GMT but it's BST at the moment. Just said 3:00 pm.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

gotta say the scary thing today was when the blacks emptied the bench and stepped up a gear in the last 10, thats the issue for everyone else as I think a lot of the top teams can stick with them most of the way, it's the last few minutes of each game that will decide the world cup and with carter having a dodgy game they still pulled it out of the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Yeah Carter did look pretty dodgy today, which is most unlike him.

The experience on the all blacks bench was immense.
    They have pure class in all areas of the field.

I think that they are beatable though, they have a couple of weaknesses, especially at the line out and if you don't give them time to move the ball, like SA did today.

SA did a great job of smothering the ball and preventing the quick offload and the offload in the tackle.

It will make for a very interesting World Cup!

Yeah i think SA did a good job today and they will be fitter again by the time the WC is on. I really like the SA forwards intensity, plus they have 2/3 to come back from injury.

Jackz,
    www.rugby365.com had 3pm GMT so if BST is a factor would that make it a 4pm kick off !!!!!!!!!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I thought it was a great game today, I agree that SA did a good job of preventing the quick offload but I think everyone will agree with me when I say the key to beating the All Blacks is keeping New Zealand on the back foot. It was clear to see that in the first twenty SA did this brilliantly and rarely were the all blacks getting over the advantage line. The SA scrummie had a great game and bar one poor kick which went straight into touch he was faultless. A sublime reader of the game his anticipation was extraordinary.
    A key stat for me was the missed tackles, I think at one stage SA had 17 missed tackles to NZ's 5. This was obviously a combination of the All blacks possessional advantage but at the same time its a large number of missed tackles at the level they are playing at.

Before today I was fancying South Africa at the odds that were given, however having seen NZ perform, even with an out of sorts Daniel Carter, I think that only a fool would bet agiainst NZ. They are a stronger, faster, bigger team then anybody else in the world without question! The only fault that you can find is in their back three who are not the best at dealing with balls that are put behind them. That said they are a dangerous counter attacking force.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

We where missing habana, major game winner.

Is pretorius injured? Cant believe that Steyn was the back up outhalf since its not his primary position. When James left the field I had a feeling the tides would turn.

Advertisement