Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wit & wisdom of pa trout on washing dishes

Options
  • 21-06-2007 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

As I was watching herself load the dishwasher this evening, I was pondering back to days gone by, when people used wash dishes by hand.

Fuelled by rhubard & custard (I'm old school) and a nice mug of scald ... I thought back to pa trouts wisdom on washing dishes, shared once when the topic was raised of a sunday evening back in the 1980's

pa trout: son, do you know when it's time to wash the dishes ?
    trout jr: ehhhh ..... no ?
    pa trout: stick yer hand down yer trousers ...
    trout jr: ehhhh ... OK ?
    pa trout: if ye can feel a mickey, it's not time yet
    trout jr: ahhhhh .... gotcha!

we should remember these gems to pass them onto future generations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

trout wrote:
    As I was watching herself load the dishwasher this evening, I was pondering back to days gone by, when people used wash dishes by hand.

Fuelled by rhubard & custard (I'm old school) and a nice mug of scald ... I thought back to pa trouts wisdom on washing dishes, shared once when the topic was raised of a sunday evening back in the 1980's

pa trout: son, do you know when it's time to wash the dishes ?
    trout jr: ehhhh ..... no ?
    pa trout: stick yer hand down yer trousers ...
    trout jr: ehhhh ... OK ?
    pa trout: if ye can feel a mickey, it's not time yet
    trout jr: ahhhhh .... gotcha!

we should remember these gems to pass them onto future generations.

Sound advice. Pa trout is indeed a hero. We should erect a statue in his honour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

By any chance did he bang the spoon on the side of the cup when he wanted a fill-up???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

By any chance did he bang the spoon on the side of the cup when he wanted a fill-up???
    don't we all :confused:

Advertisement