Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ThunderBirds Practice Timings

Options
  • 21-06-2007 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Friday June 22/06/07

Practice Session 1: 10AM ( Salthill )

Practice Session 2: 3PM ( Salthill )

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND BEING IN SALTHILL BEFORE 0950AM.

Hope to see you tomorrow for them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Cheers for that, Dave. :D

Will any of the other acts be having practice sessions and, if show, any word on their times as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

RAF Typhoon on Sat ( We Hope ) and Black Knights Para drop all going to plan, we hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Thanks for the update David. I've asked my boss for an hour off tomorrow morning as I've an "appointment".

Keep us updated with Typhoon/F15 practice times David. I got my sons birthday party on Saturday but I'll try to sneek out if I know the times for a quick look.

Typhoon is at 4PM today ( 22/06/07 ) so are the A10's.

Superb. Excellent updates David. Much appreciated.

Hoping to borrow the camera from work for the 10am display. I'll upload the pics if I can get it.

The practice sessions imo are better than the actual airshow. I remember a few years back we headed out Salthill on the Saturday in case they were any flyovers. 2 Tornado's flew over the prom, low level at about 450mph, totally out of the blue. I can still picture a poor women pushing her buggy out the prom, across the road from us, getting the fright of her life as the Tornado's flew over her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Deacon Blues

Are there any practices scheduled for Saturday? Heading down from Dublin tonight, and staying over till Sunday for the show. Would like to head out to Salthill on the Saturday if there'll be any activity, but prolly won't if there's nothing scheduled.

By the way Styer, it's a fantastic lineup. Well done and many thanks to the organisers. Hope you'll pass this on to all the others involved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

what was that at 10am , looked like a typhoon

and what were the 2 silver birds just now ?...I am out in Parkmore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

those were the thunderbirds, flyin around for the last hour and half, pretty class!!
    bring on 3 and 4 o'clock for the second session and the eurofighter!!

Was out there for the practice at 10am. Thought we were only getting 1XF16 until his 3 mates showed up. Very impressive. Roll on 3pm. Those builders on top of the Salthill hotel had a great view.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The typhoons are due into shannon this afternoon

• Advertisement

The typhoons are due into shannon this afternoon

Typhoons as in plural? More than 1?

and they are back again now

any tbird practice tomorrow ???

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

f-16 'bombed' :-) over parkmore about 30 minutes ago, sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Krusty

What an afternoon!
    Free airshow in Shannon with all the coming and going.
    Epic!

Thunderbirds are savage, nice little fly-bys with smoke on when they came back from both runs to salthill.
    B
    ut I have to say the Typhoon beats em all.
    When taking off, as soon as the wheels left the ground it went vertical on the burners and disappeared into the cloud. Spotted it a few seconds later as a dot in the sky.
    Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Krusty wrote:
    What an afternoon!

B
    ut I have to say the Typhoon beats em all.
    When taking off, as soon as the wheels left the ground it went vertical on the burners and disappeared into the cloud. Spotted it a few seconds later as a dot in the sky.
    Unreal.

The F-15s have being doing that since 1972. If only those Strike Eagles were over here now. The Typhoon and Eagle (any variant) have more or less the same thrust to weight ratio.

The Typhoon should be a blast though, I hope the RAF pilot really pushes it.

daveg wrote:
    Typhoons as in plural? More than 1?

Could almost be certain! :)

FUGGIT :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/#no_url

press forward to sunday

the eurofighter was feckin legend, really thru it around the place!! loud as hell, turning circle was really tight looking forward to sunday,
    steyr is there any more practice 2morrow?, highlight will defo be the eurofighter!!

I left Salthill at 5pm. Saw the Thunderbirds and the Typhoon. did anyone stick around after that? Did the A10's show? F-15? Any word on tomorrow?

Yep two typhoons- ZJ803/BA Typhoon T1(BT004) & ZJ921/BW Typhoon F2(BS012)

• Advertisement

Nothing for tomorrow ( Sat ) except for me in a Yak52 in the Jump seat over Salthill around 2PM!:D Was talkin to the Tiffie ( Typhoon ) pilot and he was talkiing about his reason for being 99% Afterburner, he said he was going to be 100% Afterburner except he had to conserve his fuel due to going vertical after leaving EINN to go to Salthill for his practice.:D The A10's are not practising and the F-15E's will be Operating direct from RAF Lakenheath.

thanks steyr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Steyr wrote:
    Nothing for tomorrow ( Sat ) except for me in a Yak52 in the Jump seat over Salthill around 2PM!:D Was talkin to the Tiffie ( Typhoon ) pilot and he was talkiing about his reason for being 99% Afterburner, he said he was going to be 100% Afterburner except he had to conserve his fuel due to going vertical after leaving EINN to go to Salthill for his practice.:D The A10's are not practising and the F-15E's will be Operating direct from RAF Lakenheath.

Wow, those Eagle are not going to have much afterburner time on the display flying direct from and back to Lakenheath. I can't see them them doing the display with the external tanks fitted.

Wow, those Eagle are not going to have much afterburner time on the display flying direct from and back to Lakenheath. I can't see them them doing the display with the external tanks fitted.

They will be Mid air refuelling en route and one of the F-15E guys said he "will rip the **** out of salthill":D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

That's what I like to hear! :D

Captain Chaos, seeing as you won't be able to make it yourself, I'll make sure to take plenty of pics (and videos, if possible) of the Eagles for you. And also to make you feel incredibly jealous, I guess! ;):D

AFAIK il be getting a trip in the RAF Merlin out to Galway AirPort from the Static park after the show.....maybe just maybe, did any of ye see me at 2pm in the yellow Yak52 over Salthill?

were they flying around in the evening, around sevenish?

can i too get a spin in the merlin?!!:D

Advertisement