Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Beat Warcraft?

Options
  • 21-06-2007 1:18pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, i'm in work and extremly bored, so i was wondering...

1. What you would like to see in new MMO's
    2. How you think new games can take a big chuck of the Warcraft user base.

Do you think that it will take a complete overhaul of the genre to take people away from Warcraft, or just more improvement onto the current system. And do you think that any MMO will ever be as popular as Warcraft has been?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

WoW was kind of the first of its kind.
    A really good looking fully 3D, HUGE completely explorable world.
    It did very well to pull people in.
    However its very much like some sort of Online Co-OP RPG.

Blizzard earned insane money from WoW, showcasing the financial potential of MMO's, so expect things to change immensly!

Warhammer Online and Age of Conan are the next hyped, "big" MMO's. So time will tell with them.
    Because of WoW's success, most MMO's get compared to it all the time.
    If Warhammer and Age Of Conan set themselves apart from WoW and each other, as they claim to do, then it will be brilliant. lol

I haven't been following Age Of Conan in the slightest but I've been hearing positive reports on it.
    WAR on the other hand is just (on paper) amazing. Really can't wait to play it. I don't care if I end up loving or hating it. I just want to experience what they say they've got.

Advertisement