Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron 6400 - Ram Upgrade?

Options
  • 21-06-2007 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

I just ordered a Dell Inspiron 6400 and went for the Vista Ultimate edition.

Thing is, I only got 1GB of ram and I'm wondering if that will be enough for Vista Ultimate.

If it's not, is it difficult to upgrade the ram?

Can I buy it online? Know any good websites where I can get some?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hey,
    I just upgraded my Ram in my 6400, it's very easy, and i would think that 1gig of ram to run vista is a pushing it a bit, you can pick them up on komplett for cheap enough. http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=318078
    i'm sure there are other places you can pick 'm up, but the ddr2 so-dimm is what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Tony H

i ran the trial version of vista ultimate with a gig of memory on a 6400 and it worked fairly well
    but if you want to add more
    try here
    http://memory.neon-drive.com/s4m.php?model_num=82&oemid=DEL&thisman=DELL
    no delivery charge and a lifetime warrenty ,they also deliver faster than komplett usually next day if you order early
    my 6400 came with 2 512 modules so i had to upgrade with 2 one gig modules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Shop4memory.com or crucial.com/eu for best RAM prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ruu wrote:
    Shop4memory.com or crucial.com/eu for best RAM prices.

Or adverts.ie. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement