Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dole with an address at a hostel?

Options
  • 21-06-2007 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

I wonder does anyone know if you can claim unemployment ASSISTANCE whilst living long term in a back packers hostel? I really dont want to go to the back lane etc, the regular homeless peoples hostels. Would much rather pay the extra few quid and stay in a backpackers hostel.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

Covenline wrote:
    I wonder does anyone know if you can claim unemployment ASSISTANCE whilst living long term in a back packers hostel? I really dont want to go to the back lane etc, the regular homeless peoples hostels. Would much rather pay the extra few quid and stay in a backpackers hostel.

cheers
    yes you can, you have to be able to work and seeking work to get the dole and it does not matter where you live as long as its within the State

Advertisement