Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Mortgage

Options
  • 20-06-2007 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Trying to move my mortgage at the moment & the Banks are seriously incompetent.

- I am currently at EBS & to increase the amount of my mortgage they want to charge me search fees. Guy on the phone could not understand why a legal search was unnecessary.
    - Applied to Ulster Bank & after few weeks rang as got no correspondence. Guy in the branch was never available & when finally emailed him he passed the buck to someone else. I believe they lost my application although they will probably not admit.
    - National Irish Bank don't return calls. Last time i called was given name of the branch manager but he never called back.

Never did i think would be so difficult to give business to a Bank. My loan to equity percentage means risk free to them.

:rolleyes:

I am probably jinxed but next up is Halifax.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Randomswinger

Go to a broker

I can suggest a very good one who will do all the donkey work...

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

well talking about mortgage, i went to bank by myself (BOI) and they dont want to give me what i was asking (100% of property price) so broker helped me and did all paper work (even he arranged life/home insurance for me and for legal paper work arranged solicitor).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

It might be a good idea to also link your thread to the Banking, Pensions and Insurance forum, as I think you’re more likely to find someone who works on the inside there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=544

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Cheers. Will check Bank forum.

If you via brokers i don't think banks won't generally pay the legal fees for switching which at 1,000 euro is significant.

Advertisement