Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Thunderbirds..And C17's and..

Options
  • 20-06-2007 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Enjoy.

Thunderbirds Equipment
    DSCF1067.jpg

FOD Walkdown
    DSCF1068.jpg

Aircraft In Hanger
    DSCF1072.jpg

C17 from Hanger
    DSCF1073.jpg

Private Lear 45 that i was allowed into
    DSCF1076.jpg

DSCF1078.jpg

DSCF1074.jpg

Thunderbirds:
    DSCF1087.jpg

DSCF1085.jpg

DSCF1086.jpg

DSCF1090.jpg

Some more on the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Any news on when they'll be taking a spin over Salthill David? Was keeping my ear to the window all day today in case they flew over.

It's gas they even bring there own truck with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Friday is their day! So dont worry.

More:

DSCF1091-1.jpg

DSCF1095.jpg

DSCF1101.jpg

DSCF1100.jpg

C17 Tail:
    DSCF1123.jpg

DSCF1126.jpg

DSCF1121.jpg

C17 Cockpit:
    DSCF1120.jpg

DSCF1122.jpg

DSCF1129.jpg

More in a minute.

The last bunch that i took, let me just say i am very happy with these pictures and i hope you are too as it gives people a very rare treat indeed and im honoured to have been present and also equally happy that i could share these with you.

On with the show..Enjoy.

DSCF1134.jpg

DSCF1133.jpg

DSCF1138.jpg

DSCF1142.jpg

An Arty Farty shot!:p
    DSCF1159.jpg

DSCF1148.jpg

DSCF1155.jpg

Well thats all, all comments welcome,

Regards,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Great shots, David....... ya lucky sod! :D

Love the one of the Thunderbirds taxiing in and the Ryanair plane taking off in the background. I can just imagine the passenger's reactions if they looked out the window.......

"F**k me, are those F16's on the ground! Christ, we're being invaded!" :eek: :D

By the way, do my eyes deceive me or are Thunderbirds 7 and 8 two-seaters? How many of the jets actually take part in displays, is it six of them, Dave? And TBirds 7 & 8 are backups? :confused: Just wondering, that's all.

Any more news on practice times by any chance, Dave? If all things work out I'm hoping to get over there for Sunday's main event but my father is currently over near Shannon and I was talking to him on the phone this evening and he was wondering when the practice times are so he might get a chance to see them before Sunday. Just wondering if you have any more news on that aspect yet? Cheers! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I think they actually have 12 jets, 10 Cs and 2 Ds. (not all in Ireland). The two seater D models are sometimes used for observer and VIP rides during displays. Its a 6 ship display team. So the other jets are back ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

The two seater D models are sometimes used for observer and VIP rides during displays.

I'd give my right bollax to be in the passenger seat for the display.

Superb pictures David. Well done and thanks for posting em.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Great photos mate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Great pics Dave, nice one!

Advertisement