Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Webtexts?

Options
  • 20-06-2007 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone.

I'm a Vodafone customer but I was just wondering if Vodafone have a free webtext service much like O2 or Meteor.

And if they don't (and they should) does anyone know of any websites or anything that offer free web texts instead. By free I mean that you don't have to sign up or get charged a fiver a week or whatever....

I have access to a Xp Comp and a Mac so widgets are an option aswell if you know any....

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

im...LOST wrote:
    Hello everyone.

I'm a Vodafone customer but I was just wondering if Vodafone have a free webtext service much like O2 or Meteor.

And if they don't (and they should) does anyone know of any websites or anything that offer free web texts instead. By free I mean that you don't have to sign up or get charged a fiver a week or whatever....

I have access to a Xp Comp and a Mac so widgets are an option aswell if you know any....

Thanks

http://www.vodafone.ie/index.jsp

Just sign up and you can send free texts from your computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

It appears that I signed up to that site ages ago and now I cant remember my password. But I can't remember my secret answer either.

I'm so stupid...

I'd say ring customer care and they might be able to reset your password. Just out of interest what was your secret question? just checked mine and it was "what is your date of birth":confused: i presume yours is different:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I think you can get them to text a new password to your mobile.

I'm back with O2 having left them to join Vodafone for a year or so. Vodafone's web text are only to Irish mobiles (well the were when I was with them), but there was 300 a month as opposed to 250 with O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

JeanClaude wrote:
    I'd say ring customer care and they might be able to reset your password. Just out of interest what was your secret question? just checked mine and it was "what is your date of birth":confused: i presume yours is different:D

You would think that, wouldn't you :o

My secret question is my DOB but I dunno.

I said before that I had registered before but I don't know if I did or not because I can't register nor can I get a new pass.

I get this whenever I try to register.
    Vodafone wrote:
    Validation Error

Please review the form below and correct the indicated errors

There was a problem registering you account, please try again later (SRV-REG-06)

• Advertisement

Yakuza wrote:
    I think you can get them to text a new password to your mobile.

Thats ok, but before they text you the password you must give the answer, to the secret question that you answered when you 1st signed up. That is the OP's problem he seems to have forgotten the answer he gave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

JeanClaude wrote:
    Thats ok, but before they text you the password you must give the answer, to the secret question that you answered when you 1st signed up. That is the OP's problem he seems to have forgotten the answer he gave.
    If you've forgotten the answer they can still reset it for you - once you confirm all your account info on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭The Kid

im...LOST wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

Hey! I'm assuming that you got access to you web texts sorted out in the end. You can also make your life a whole lot easier by downloading JSMS. It lets you send SMS messages using your free webtext credits right from your desktop. It saves you all the time to log in and navigate to the web send pages, plus much more features not available on the website. And there's many more features to follow.

And it's all for free! :)

You'll find installers here:
    http://jsmsirl.sourceforge.net

It's Java based and so should work on any PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kersti

Hello everyone.

Hi

they do have one - they offer 300 texts per month as opposed to O2's 250. However, this is only to Irish numbers. O2 will let me use my free web texts to txt the UK, Europe, USA and Australia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

My secret question is my DOB but I dunno.

Nadine? Is that you?:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement