Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to choose, or is choice irrelevant?

Options
  • 20-06-2007 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

In my short journey of studying and trying to understand Buddhism better, I have come across 3 different types of Buddhism schools in Dublin.
    1. The FWBO - www.dublinbuddhistcentre.org

2. Kagyu Same Ling - www.buddhism.ie

3. Zen - http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~irish_zen/home.html

I have attended the first 2 and found both to be very warm and inviting people who are very helpful. I haven't visited the Zen dojo yet but I hope to experience some Zazen very soon. Through my reading, I think Zen is more, how would you put it, strict (?) than other schools of Buddhism.
    But for someone who might want to become more involved with Buddhism how should one decide which is 'best' or does it even matter?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Jon wrote:
    But for someone who might want to become more involved with Buddhism how should one decide which is 'best' or does it even matter?

Thank you!
    Hi Jon, that's a great question. Its something I have never thought much about. Initially, I would say that the best one for you is the one that you feel the most comfortable attending. As you study and learn more, you will incorporate aspects of Buddhism that you feel particularly close to. This in turn may cause you to change and follow a different school. You will be following your heart, and this will lead you on to the correct path for you. I believe that it does not matter where you get on that path, what is important is that one does get on it. Its a journey, just enjoy it. Feel free to ask questions, there are many here who will be glad to help you find what is best for you.
    Asia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

If you want to find out which is best for you I suggest you try them all. Then just go for the one you prefer.

Watch out for ego games.

-You're already a buddha :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Thanks for the replies so far everyone!

What are ego games 18AD?

hmm hang on I think i get what you mean! A small shinny penny just dropped there!

Advertisement