Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitkat Peanut Butter

Options
  • 20-06-2007 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Like or Dislike?

I'm eating 1 now.
    Can't say I'll buy another 1, but at the time it's not offensive.
    Salty chocolate or something like that. :confused:

What do you think of them?

Like or dislike? 32 votes

0% 0 votes
    Dislike
    62% 20 votes
    Don't care
    37% 12 votes
    Never had one.
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Never had one.
    Also there is Sweets forum in Food & Drink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

also you spelt "atari jaguar" wrongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

I had one maybe 6 weeks ago and I like it. But like I said, I've only had the one and it wouldn't be my first choice in a shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

I can't stand the taste of peanut butter full stop.
    But the girlfriend loves them :( She's only getting hugs from me if she eating one is all I can say ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

love them, they are like reece's cups

• Advertisement

Now fizzy milk is something I haven't tried, or sugar on cheese :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

boozybabe, does it have any resemblance to real peanut butter?

I do admit i hated peanut butter a while ago until i was tricked into eating a peanut butter and jam sambo in a mates and fell in love with the stuff...

How would it mingle with strawberry jam? Are there chunks in the peanut butter? Is it a thin or thick texture?

So many angles to the equation!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

It doesn't sound too appealing!

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

While walking down a busy street ? :D Haven't tried that one yet ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I have to say ?I wasn't very impressed by them but I still like them, the peanut butter should be chunky, thats the only way to eat peanut butter!

Also Peanut butter and Jam sambo's ROCK!

yes they fkin do! Its a shame that there is that stigma attached to peanut butter because of its somewhat bitterness that people instantly wont try it.. thats how i was anyways.

The day i was tricked into eating it was the day my eyes truly opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Papergirl 1

They are just wrong.....yuck.

I miss peanut lion bars :(

Myth wrote:

they made me hurl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

never had one but having read this thread i shall have to try one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

red_ice wrote:
    boozybabe, does it have any resemblance to real peanut butter?

I do admit i hated peanut butter a while ago until i was tricked into eating a peanut butter and jam sambo in a mates and fell in love with the stuff...

How would it mingle with strawberry jam? Are there chunks in the peanut butter? Is it a thin or thick texture?

So many angles to the equation!

It's a thick consistency & it's smooth.
    No peanut chunks.
    There is a layer of peanut butter on top of the wafer. The layer is prob about 1/2cm thick.

Tastes a bit like the stuff that was in the starbars, but I loved starbars, but didn't really like the kitkat. Go figure???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

allergic to peanuts, so itd probably kill me if i tried, or id at least have to have someone on standby with the adrenelin shot...
    love them, they are like reece's cups
    who is this reece you speak of?

BoozyBabe wrote:
    It's a thick consistency & it's smooth.
    No peanut chunks.
    There is a layer of peanut butter on top of the wafer. The layer is prob about 1/2cm thick.

Tastes a bit like the stuff that was in the starbars, but I loved starbars, but didn't really like the kitkat. Go figure???

What if i got some peanuts, washed the salt off them, smashed em with a grinder into chunks, mixed it in... how would that fair?

Wafer? with peanut butter? nooooooooo, my hopes for the kitkat peanut butter have all gone to shambles! Its a bar? Useless, how am i to mix that with jam other than a dunk? peanut butter was made to spread!

kitkat have stooped to a new low, i was expecting something more exotic like the rolo yogurt and or biscuits. This simply wont do, no dice boozy!
    allergic to peanuts, so itd probably kill me if i tried, or id at least have to have someone on standby with the adrenelin shot...

who is this reece you speak of?

reece is an old man with cupcake treys and no real edible substance to fill them with, so he mashes up peanuts into a cream and passes them off as a delicasy in the 'candy market'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

mmmm love em...

anyone ever tried peanut butter and malteeser sandwiches, lovely :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Moving this, please look for the proper forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Myth wrote:

Me too. :(

And Wispa. And Mint Drifter.

Peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches, with a big glass of milk. Oh yummity-yum-yum.

OP - I love them. Got them in London last November, they're really difficult to find here though. Delish straight from the fridge. And the Starbar still exists as a Moro Peanut. Yum yum yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Keefs

MMMMM..........!!!!!!!:D Ye i remeber them y r dey gone lol :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Papergirl 1

Blush_01 wrote:
    Me too. :(

And Wispa. And Mint Drifter.

Wow wow wow, wait a minute....a mint drifter....I dont remember them!!!? Sound delicious! Love mint anything......especially the new Mint Kit Kat! They are the business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

A horrendous aul' bar altogether. Granted, my only taste of one was free with a lads mag a couple of months back.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I can't believe so many people here don't like them.. I feckin' love them.. I haven't seen them in shops for a while now.. maybe they're gone.. They were a limited edition afaik...

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

I love peanut butter kitkats! I'm definitely going to try peanut butter with nutella too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

If you like it, try peanut butter and jaffa cakes. Don't knock it until you've tried it - sounds sick, tastes yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

xzanti wrote:
    I can't believe so many people here don't like them.. I feckin' love them..
    Some people have an automatic aversion to peanut butter. Many dont even know what it is!, it is simply blended/ground/liquidised peanuts, sometimes with a little oil added to it. Some see it as "kids food", I have people comment on me eating fish fingers (saying it is kids food), yet if I ate a larger sized processed breaded fish cake they have no problem.

To some peanut butter is for bread, so the idea of mixing it with chocolate is odd.

Kids can make great bars. Get ice cream wafers, put peanut butter between them and layer them up, then dip in melted chocolate. Safe "cooking" for kids, like chocolate rice crispies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Manky! I love peanut butter but these things are just disgusting.

Advertisement