Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snoring...help!

Options
  • 20-06-2007 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

I got about an hour's sleep last night cause of my bf's snoring... it's not usually that bad but anyway I'm so tired I don't want another night like last night! Does anyone have any good tips or products that they've used and have actually worked? I would really really appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kaalgat

My boyfriend snores so loudly the neighbours complain :p

Only thing that works is when I poke him with my elbow and tell him to turn over on his side (he only really snores when sleeping on his back).

Apart from that we have tried a "stop snoring" oral spray, with no results, as well as little sticky plasters that go across the bridge of your nose, with no results.

I'm back to poking him in the ribs to make him turn over, but at least that gets me a few hours sleep at a time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Get some ear buds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

kaalgat wrote:
    I'm back to poking him in the ribs to make him turn over, but at least that gets me a few hours sleep at a time :)

Oh believe me I tried that one :D To no avail though, he was still snoring no matter what way he slept :(

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

Hi there!

I sympathise - I really do!

That snoreaze spray really worked for us - to be honest if it hadn't I'd be up for murder at this stage. You can buy a ring in the chemist that acts on the acupressure points - I have heard good reports but haven't tried it out. I can't remember what it's called, though I'm sure f you ask in the chemist they'll be able to help.

Best of luck!

We also tried that ring, also to no avail!

I sympathise with you if he snores no matter which way he sleeps! :(

Tbh my bf sometimes gets really annoyed at my poking him to stop snoring all the time, so he just ignores me! The best thing then is to go to a different room in the house, and a different bed! :(

I really haven't found a solution yet, so anybody's comments here might help me as much as OP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DD

im afraid nope , but if u want to fall asleep and u do it quickly first kick him with ur elbow and tell to him to stop doing that
    for me it worked, everytime i wanted to sleep and my bf was snoring i told him that and made sure he heard me in his sleep, then i quickly fell asleep and dont remember the noise he made
    :D i dont like people snoring at all, but what can we do? :((
    I got about an hour's sleep last night cause of my bf's snoring... it's not usually that bad but anyway I'm so tired I don't want another night like last night! Does anyone have any good tips or products that they've used and have actually worked? I would really really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I feel genuinely sorry for anyone who is conned into buying that ring. How could anyone actually believe something like that could work? The company advertising it were actually torn to shreds by the Advertising Authority in the UK.

Come on, it is absolutely maddening to be listening to someone else snoring so badly it sounds like a bulldog drowning in a bowl of porridge, WHILE YOU ARE TRYING TO SLEEP! :mad:

If nothing you have tried has worked, you try everything else out there! Even if it is something as silly as a ring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This website is really good

http://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I snore sometimes when I'm drunk or really exhausted. Trick is to let your girlfriend fall asleep first because it's harder to wake them up with it than it is for them to fall asleep listening to it.

OP, does/did your boyfriend play a lot of sport. I had serious snoring problems for years but eventually got it checked out. The inside of my nose was a complete mess from playing football and so on, I had never actually broken my nose but had ended up with a deviated septum and lots of cartilage growth as a result which clogged up my nasal passages. In effect I couldn't help snoring because so little air was getting in and out. I had an op on it - the cartilage was pared back and so on and it was covered by health insurance - and it made a huge difference.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement