Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Il a eu PEUR, Umaga. Il a eu PEUR!!!"

Options
  • 20-06-2007 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭

Somebody posted this link recently.

I just love the commentary after about 52 mins 30 seconds. My French is just about good enough to understand "Il a eu Peur, Il a eu Peur!!!" which translates roughly as "He chickened out!"

But the tone of derision in the French commentator's voice is unmistakable.

Love it!!!

I reckon Umaga lost them that match. It was his dropped pass which led to France's clinching try later on.

Just goes to show, there is a way back from a dire performance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Didn't know Tana played on the wing, he cried out with injury in 2003 as well. Shame, he was (still is) a decent player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Well in fairness I'd be scared also if Richard Dourthe was running at me! :p

What a game that was... Unfortunately, since Laporte took over you will never see France play like that again. :(
    zabbo wrote:
    Didn't know Tana played on the wing, he cried out with injury in 2003 as well. Shame, he was (still is) a decent player.
    He's a coach now! In Toulon... Hope it turns out to be a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Well in fairness I'd be scared also if Richard Dourthe was running at me! :p

"Un joueur de plus de cent cinq kilo ne doit pas avoir peur"
    Or at least I think that's what he said. but your French is better than mine.
    What a game that was... Unfortunately, since Laporte took over you will never see France play like that again. :(

Never say Jamais, mon vieux!!

Whatever about the antics of some French club administrators, I have got to say that when France play like that (and I'm old enough to remember many other examples) it's the way the game should be played.

How to describe that performance? Just take all the words the French have given the English language and put them together: elan, panache, sang-froid, a certain je ne sais quoi.

That was gourmet rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭shmaido

That was gourmet rugby.

absolutely agree, just watched it and it has totally cheered me up, an unbelievable game by the french, the irish boys should have a look at that before they do battle with th AB's

Advertisement