Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week Hiking around the coast of Ireland

Options
  • 19-06-2007 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Thinking of doing a week long trip driving around the country, hopefully do some hiking during the day and having some craic in the evenings, any recommendations on places to go / climb.

I'll probably take in Croagh Patrick and Carauntuohil for sure, and definitely the Cliffs of Moher. Thinking of doing a circumnavigation of the coast so want to stay as close to coast as possible while still taking in a few decent hikes...

I know there is so much, but I have only a limited time frame so...

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You could do the Mount Brandon Ridge. I did it last year from Cloghane to Dingle and its a great walk. Highly recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Where are you coming from?
    Can't recommend Waterford enough....local bias there. Some fine, fine walks in both the Comeraghs and Knockmealdowns, both near the coast also. Although the Comeraghs more so.

Thinking of doing Malin head to Mizen head myself a lá Dermot Somers. Then again, I've been thinking about it for about 4 years now!
    Best of luck!

**EDIT** Forgot to mention I did the Sheeps Head way in West Cork about three years ago. Highly enjoyable despite foul weather. Christy Moore even stopped and offered me a lift :D

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Ben Bulben in Sligo is a favourite of mine. Good view of the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dantes

Will probably circumnavigate in a clockwise direction, so maybe waterford on monday or tuesday, cork on wednesday, kerry thursday, then galway, sligo, and up into the north for the weekend... hope the weather is good, thanks for the suggestions keep em coming...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mrgalway

I'm assuming you will drive around and walk small bits.

I've always thought about walking the entire coast line after I read the last of the Donkey Pilgrims. As I recall thats about 700 miles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement